Question re: Monitoring

Hi there!

I am currently in the process of installing a 2GIG GC3 to replace an older Vista 20P I installed some time ago. Can you please provide some more information on your monitoring… I’m looking at basic interactive with CS for now as I don’t have the need for cameras (using Nest cam’s already across my home) and will not have thermostats or door locks for awhile.

Does your basic with CS include 2 way voice?

How much extra to add emPower from ADC or would I have to move to Gold when ready?

Once I signup how long does it typically take to process the account and activate?

On a side note – I’m waiting for the 2GIG-SP1-GC3 to be released so I can use this in my mater bedroom as my main GC3 panel will be located on my 1st floor/primary level. My wife wants something in our master bedroom/2nd floor for now so she can arm/see system status. Would putting the ADC app on an Amazon Fire 7" tablet (~$50) be a viable option for now? I don’t want to purchase the 2GIG-SP2-GC3 now only to replace it once the SP1 is available as I want a full control panel at some point in my master bedroom.

Thanks!

Welcome! Happy to help out.

The included features of the two service plans can be found here.

Does your basic with CS include 2 way voice?

How much extra to add emPower from ADC or would I have to move to Gold when ready?

Both 2-way and emPower automation would require Gold Interactive, but both are included in the Gold Interactive plan.

Once I signup how long does it typically take to process the account and activate?

All orders involving equipment are subject to one business day for processing typically, however if you already have all of your equipment and are simply purchasing a service subscription, these are typically processed very quickly the same business day.

Orders are processed by our team and accounts set up during business hours Monday through Friday.

I’m waiting for the 2GIG-SP1-GC3 to be released so I can use this in my mater bedroom as my main GC3 panel will be located on my 1st floor/primary level. My wife wants something in our master bedroom/2nd floor for now so she can arm/see system status. Would putting the ADC app on an Amazon Fire 7″ tablet (~$50) be a viable option for now? I don’t want to purchase the 2GIG-SP2-GC3 now only to replace it once the SP1 is available as I want a full control panel at some point in my master bedroom.

Using a tablet for the Alarm.com app will still be subject to cellular latency and would typically need refreshed/reloaded to show a status change. It won’t exactly approximate a secondary panel. I would generally recommend just using a cell phone for control and checking status in the app for the time being as it will probably be more convenient and intuitive.

The SP1 is expected fairly soon, so I would not expect a long wait.