Question on ADC-V722W Camera

I am attempting to install a ADC-V722W camera outside and I have a pre-wired spot for security cameras. This spot only has a black wire, white wire and ground wire in the box - no outlet. Can I hook directly into these wires with my camera or do i need to install an outlet to plug my power adapter in? Am I going to fry my camera if I splice directly into the wires?

It sounds like you might have 120V AC in the box. If so, you would need to have a receptacle installed and plug the transformer that came with the camera into it, or at least one with the same DC output voltage and capacity.

You would definitely fry the camera if you splice directly 120V AC.

Who installed the box and ran that wire? Can you ask them whether it’s AC? Or can you see what it’s connected to on the other end?

Yeah it definitely is AC; it is running to my main fuze box in the garage. I asked for pre-wired spots for cameras when I had the house built, I was expecting a “plug and play” thing for the cameras… I will get the receptacle installed and use the transformer that came with the camera. Thanks again Roy