Question about silent alarm and duress notifications

I saw this warning on the notifications setup page: “Warning: Do not choose to send a Duress Panic SMS or push notification to a potential Duress Code user.”

Does this only apply to using the duress code at the keypad itself? (which sends a silent alarm) If I use a normal code to disarm the system, and when I receive a call, use my Duress word, no additional notifications will be sent, right? Instead police are contacted. Am I understanding how this works correctly?

Does this only apply to using the duress code at the keypad itself?

Yes.

What is suggested to avoid is having a situation where the 4 digit duress code (if you set one up) must be used in order to quietly dispatch authorities without an intruder knowing, then getting a notification on your phone saying as such.

Cool, got it. If a duress code is entered, and silent alarm sent to the central monitoring station, will they still call you to check if everything is OK? Or they will immediately dispatch police?

Default CS procedure can be found here.

For Duress, dispatch occurs, followed by calls to the contact list. Location number will not be called.