Qubino Flush 1D Relay

Has anybody had any luck using the Qubino Flush 1D Relay (or the double relay) on a 2Gig Panel with Alarm.com? The panel sees it no problem. Recognizes it as a Binary switch and includes it, but it is not showing up on Alarm.com at all.

I’m planning on using these for 2 purposes. 1 is to set up an automatic reset function for my network router and cable modem. I find that over time my internet speed slows down probably due to bloat from multiple devices connecting and resetting it every couple of days refreshes it. I’m going to use 2 relays and a schedule to turn them off at a certain time and then cycle them back on in sequence 5 minutes later.

Second application is a simple annunciator for my whole house generator. I connected a door/window switch to a set of contacts on the Generator Transfer switches so it is tripped when the generator turns on and transfers. Then I’ll have a rule to turn on a qubino relay (or another brand if these don’t work) that will power a small annunciator light. Going to do the same thing for an annunciator showing the alarm is armed.

If anybody has any other suggestions for these applications, let me know. Always looking for new ideas.

Is this regarding a Surety account? If so you can use your System Manager tools in the account dashboard to send a Z-wave device sync request.

If you use another provider for Alarm.com service, you would want to contact them and request they send a Z-wave equipment list request to see if the device populates properly. Sometimes when adding new Z-wave devices the panel does not immediately send the info to ADC.

I have not used that device model so I could not confirm whether there would be compatibility issues, but if it is controllable through the panel, that would suggest it is possible. The Fortrezz Mimolite is a similar product which I can confirm is usable through the 2GIG panel and ADC.

Hi Jason,

I’m not currently using Surety as my provider. I am still with the local company that installed the system (before I bought the house). I hope I’m not out of line asking questions on here?

I never could get the Qubinos to work unfortunately. I was able to find the Enerwave ZWN-RSM2-PLUS
which is a similar unit. It works with Alarm.com but only as a single relay (it’s actually a double just like the qubino). So it does at least work, but the Qubino’s would be way better. A little bit smaller and I like the terminal strip connections vs the pigtails on the Enerwave.

I do have another question, if I might impose…

I have done very little with regards to the security side of my system. It was all setup when I bought the house and the few changes I have done, I have had the local company do. But I’m trying to get this particular application to work and because it’s outside the norm, they don’t really want to mess with it which I get.

My question is regarding Door contacts. I’m trying to use a DW10 to drive this whole thing. So there is a microswitch on the generator that switches when it transfers. I have that contact wired into the house and I thought I could just connect it to the external contact connection of the DW10 and then leave the magnet next to it so that when the microswitch activated, it would activate the DW10 and send the signal to the 2GIG panel which would then activate the rule and turn on the Enerwave relay to activate the annunciator light.

My problem is I can’t seem to get the DW10 to activate based on just the external contacts (either using them as N/C or N/O) Unless I move the magnet (which does activate the sensor and notify the panel). Opening and closing the external contacts does nothing.

I know this is Alarm system 101 stuff, but I’m kind of stumped. I tried it with the sensor on Loop 2, set to type 23 (no response) and also type 3 (perimeter). My thought is to use 23 (no response) so it’s not really part of the actual Alarm system logic. I do have other DW10’s on Loop 2 that are part of the regular alarm system.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Ray

If I ever get this whole thing working I’ll share the setup on here in case anybody else would have a use for it.

I’m not currently using Surety as my provider. I am still with the local company that installed the system (before I bought the house). I hope I’m not out of line asking questions on here?

Not at all! We’re happy to help with questions for anyone!

I never could get the Qubinos to work unfortunately. I was able to find the Enerwave ZWN-RSM2-PLUS which is a similar unit. It works with Alarm.com but only as a single relay (it’s actually a double just like the qubino). So it does at least work, but the Qubino’s would be way better. A little bit smaller and I like the terminal strip connections vs the pigtails on the Enerwave.

That’s also a similar situation to the Mimolite. Only the one relay works with the 2GIG Panel. The additional sensor inputs do not function.

My problem is I can’t seem to get the DW10 to activate based on just the external contacts (either using them as N/C or N/O) Unless I move the magnet (which does activate the sensor and notify the panel). Opening and closing the external contacts does nothing.

I know this is Alarm system 101 stuff, but I’m kind of stumped. I tried it with the sensor on Loop 2, set to type 23 (no response) and also type 3 (perimeter). My thought is to use 23 (no response) so it’s not really part of the actual Alarm system logic. I do have other DW10’s on Loop 2 that are part of the regular alarm system.

Happy to help! Luckily the fix is actually very simple, but is easy to miss for even experienced users, no worries!

The DW10 internal reed switch and the wired input are programmed as separate zones using different loops. If you are only using the wired input you do not need the magnet at all, you would just need to learn that zone in and set it to use Loop 1 in programming.

Loop 1 = wired input.
Loop 2 = internal reed switch.

You would use the NC (normally closed) relay contacts for this purpose.

Jason,

Thank you so much for all that!

That makes sense on the loops now that I look at it from that perspective. All my hardwired switches are loop 1 and the other dw10’s are loop 2

So that also means that each DW10 will only work as one or the other then? The internal reed switch or the external contacts?

Thanks again

Ray

So that also means that each DW10 will only work as one or the other then? The internal reed switch or the external contacts?

No, 2GIG/Honeywell sensors can be learned in once per loop function. Both the internal switch and wired input can be used simultaneously.