Qolysys

I just purchased a home that has a Networx NX-6V2 alarm system installed. I want to go with a Qolysys 2 mainly for the home automation features. Will it work with the Networx NX-6V2 alarm system if I use a hardwire 16? Or would you recommend going a different route? Thanks

To clarify, the Qolsys Panel and Hardwire 16 would replace the NX6. The NX6 would not be used in any capacity this way. You could reuse any hardwired sensors with the Hardwire translator. This would be the most cost effective solution to upgrading unless you only have a few wired sensors.

If you only have 3-4 wired sensors in total (keep in mind some zones may have multiple sensors) it may be better to just replace with wireless sensors directly.

I am good with going the Hardwire 16 route for now. And have done a lot of reading over the weekend about the Qolsys system and the Honeywell Tuxedo. I kinda gathered that the Qolsys would be the better choice due to the features, user-friendly setup and the price considering I would have to replace the alarm to go with the Honeywell Tuxedo. Your thoughts on the most bang for your buck for something that will do what the Qolsys does? And thanks for your reply. I am sure I will have more questions along the way.

I am good with going the Hardwire 16 route for now. And have done a lot of reading over the weekend about the Qolsys system and the Honeywell Tuxedo. I kinda gathered that the Qolsys would be the better choice due to the features, user-friendly setup and the price considering I would have to replace the alarm to go with the Honeywell Tuxedo. Your thoughts on the most bang for your buck for something that will do what the Qolsys does?

The Honeywell panel is not compatible with suretyDIY service. suretyDIY is an Alarm.com service provider and supports all panels compatible with Alarm.com.

The IQ Panel 2 is the latest and most robust in terms of local panel features. Some exclusive features include Alarm.com video from ADC cameras on the panel screen, doorbell camera video on the screen, and advanced Z-wave diagnostics.

One last question for now Jason. Since I am going with the hardwire 16 and the Qolsys system. I will not need the panel released from the current alarm company since my account through y’all will be through the Qolsys? Also what determines which Qolsys that I buy like verizon or at&t does that matter? And would I have to have a cell account with one of them to set all this up? Thanks for your help.

I will not need the panel released from the current alarm company since my account through y’all will be through the Qolsys?

Correct, the important distinction there is the cellular communicator you are using. Since it will be a different communicator you can set it up at any time. A single communicator can only be assigned to one account at a time.

Also what determines which Qolsys that I buy like verizon or at&t does that matter?

Local coverage would determine the best version for your area, though in most locations coverage is fairly similar. You can consult the coverage check tool here to determine if one is a better option for your area.

And would I have to have a cell account with one of them to set all this up?

No. The cellular data service required for communication is included in the suretyDIY service pricing. You do not need any additional plan.

Thanks Jason I close on this house in two weeks and will be purchasing it then. It sucks because I already have it in the cart on this site. But was told to wait until after closing to spend anything. So I will be ordering it that day.