Qolysys 4 and alarm.com compatible smart smoke detectors

I have powered and mounted smoke detectors in my house (not battery operated) and am looking to replace them with SMART smoke detectors. Does anyone know of any Qolysys 4 with alarm.com compatible SMART smoke detectors on Z wave that aren’t battery operated that I could replace my existing ones with?? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

A couple things:

Z-wave sensors are not compatible with any Alarm.com panel, including the IQ Panel 4. Z-wave is used solely for automation purposes like lights, thermostats, locks.

I’m not 100% certain what you mean by all caps “Smart” smoke detectors. Are you just looking for smoke detectors that your panel reacts to with alarms?

There are no AC powered interconnected models of smoke detector which directly communicate with the panel. For that situation you could use a Firefighter audio detector. You simply mount one within six inches of one of the AC interconnected models to detect when the circuit is alarming. (compatible with the 319.5 mhz version of the panel) See below:

Any knowledge of whether they make a version of this compatible with the 345 MHz version of the IQ 4 Panel? I have the same situation as the OP with 7 AC powered, and interconnected, smoke detectors. They are not tied into the alarm system so if they go off while I am not at home there is no way to alert the fire department.

Any knowledge of whether they make a version of this compatible with the 345 MHz version of the IQ 4 Panel?

1 Like

Outstanding! This is going to save me quite a bit of time and money. I currently have a 2GIG GC2 that I am about to upgrade to a Qolsys IQ 4 and integrating my existing smoke detectors was a big part of my ToDo list. :slight_smile:

Yep, the Firefighter modules provide a lot of bang for your buck and are very popular.

Reviving this in 2023, anyone know if anything other than the FireFighter made it to the market?

If you have the 345Mhz version of the IQ Panel 4 or a 2GIG Panel 2GIG makes the Smoke Ring. Here is a data sheet for it.

The Firefighter is still the recommended wireless option.