Qolsys Tilt Status when added to Qolsys panel

When I add the garage door tilt sensor on the Qolsys it shows the active status when closed instead of open. How do I switch this around? I tried learning the tilt sensor on open and close and it seems to make no difference.

It looks like your account still has a 2GIG panel attached, so I wouldn’t be able to verify programming remotely.

Would you mind posting a photo of the device where it is installed and the programming page on the Qolsys panel?

It’s the 2gig tilt sensor that is still programmed on my 2gig. Here are the config settings on the Qolsys.

Can you confirm the model number of the tilt sensor? If this is the 2GIG-Tilt1-345 it needs to be Loop 1.

If it is an old resolution products model or other model I’m not aware of the loop number may depend on orientation.

I did try Loop 1 and that doesn’t seem to make a difference.

This is the tilt sensor and how it is mounted.

Alright that is a resolution products tilt, it should be loop 2 in that orientation.

Can you provide a photo of the status on the panel with the door physically closed where it shows active?

When the garage is closed it displays this.

If you toggle the status, open and close the door a couple times, does the status always show the opposite?

Instead of selecting Tilt as the sensor type, if you select door/window and sensor group 25, does the same problem occur?

I did try toggling it a couple of times and I also tried changing it to door/window. Same issue.

I did try toggling it a couple of times

And to confirm, does the status always immediately show the opposite of what the physical state of the door is?

yes

Well, the only caveat is that the RE206 is not found on the official compatibility list here. That RE206 model is pretty old and I do not have one of those to test.

I wouldn’t expect actual incompatibility and I haven’t heard of this issue before, but it seems a very specific problem without other explanation. The device is programmed correctly for how it is installed and clearly works on the other 2GIG panel.

Well, I decided to try Loop3 and then rebooted the panel and that didn’t help either. I then changed it back to Loop2 and now it seems to be behaving correctly but time will tell. Not sure how/why it corrected itself. I am pretty sure I rebooted it earlier when I was trying to resolve this. Maybe the change to Loop3 and then back to Loop2 caused it to start behaving.

Jason, I would like to do some testing with the Qolsys panel. Can I simply change the IMEI for testing and then switch it back to 2gig until I am ready to permanently install the panel?

You can switch your IMEI at any time in the system manager here. There is no limit to using the tool.