Qolsys Siren Failure

I added two Qolsys Z-wave sirens about a year ago; they’ve been working fine, until recently when the Garage siren showed up with status=malfunction. I tested it by pressing and holding the button. The lights blinked weakly, and no sound emanated from the siren. I brought the unit to the panel, cleared and re-paired it. It now shows status “Normal” on the panel (ADC on my phone still shows malfunction), and it still blinks weakly with no sound when tested by pushing button. I then tested my House siren, and although it makes a sound, the lights and siren are weaker than they were when brand new.

Any ideas? Are there other reports of premature death of the Qolsys sirens? I find it alarming (pun intended) that the units die after about 12 months of service. They’re very convenient, but I would hate to replace them only to have them die again.

I assume you’re recommending the Resolution Products Wireless Siren (RE116-U) as a solution (not in your store when I purchased the Qolsys siren). Can you tell me what the RE116-U range is?

Thanks.

Any ideas? Are there other reports of premature death of the Qolsys sirens? I find it alarming that the units die after about 12 months of service. They’re very convenient, but I would hate to replace them only to have them die again.

I’m not aware of that being an issue. Another option is the DSD56-ZWUS, but I think the IQ ones are rebranded. There is a built in lithium battery. Were you testing these devices when plugged into the wall?

I assume you’re recommending the Resolution Products Wireless Siren (RE116-U) as a solution. Can you tell me what the range is? Is it a Z-wave device?

No, I would not recommend the RE116U in this case. There were previous difficulties with Qolsys Panels and that siren. It is not Z-wave. It uses its own RF transmitter wired into the panel. I would recommend using Z-wave sirens.