Qolsys Sensor Compatibility

I’m currently with Brinks Home (formerly Livewatch) with a Simon XTi panel. Recently the cellular communicator died and for what I would have to pay to just replace the board (not just from them), it makes more sense for me to just buy a new panel as well as re-shop my service.

My question is this - if I buy the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ from here, would it be compatible with all the sensors I currently use with my XTi? It seems like there are several different versions of this panel, each supporting a different legacy frequency.

These are the sensors I have:

• 4x Ion plunge sensors
  • 2x garage tilt sensors
  • 1x magnetic door sensor that I use for the mailbox
  • 2x smoke detectors

I can’t remember the brand of anything except the plunge sensors (and those are the ones really want to keep, the work well and are completely hidden). It’s a relatively simple setup. The only twist is the two garage door tilt sensors as well as the mailbox sensor are alert only, and one of the plunge sensors is set to always trip the alarm with no delay.

Is this all doable?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

The Simon XTi is a panel that uses GE wireless sensors, which are 319.5 mhz sensors.

The standard Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ sold in our bundles uses a legacy GE sensor radio, so the same sensors communicating with your Simon XTi can be used with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+.

It’s a relatively simple setup. The only twist is the two garage door tilt sensors as well as the mailbox sensor are alert only, and one of the plunge sensors is set to always trip the alarm with no delay.

Yep, this can be done. The same GE Sensor Groups that determine how the panel reacts to the sensors are available on the Qolsys panel. Your notification only sensors would use Group 25.

If your one plunger sensor trips the alarm signal even when the system is disarmed, that would be Group 8. If you mean it is an immediate alarm when the panel is armed, that would be group 13.

Thanks! I’d be remiss if I didn’t ask but… any Black Friday deals coming up?

No planned Black Friday deals, but we did just drop the package cost of our bundles! Get a free month of service to connect the system and try it out! Financing available.

All service is completely month to month and you can adjust your Surety service plan at any time.