Qolsys S Line Motion battery drain

I had bought some QS1231-840 motion sensors on eBay cheap. Everything appeared to be working well except after 3- 4 months each sensor is requiring a battery change. When looking up the units it appears that there was a recall with these sensors because of improper firmware that caused the sensors not to enter sleep mode. I bought around 9 sensors and only 2 show that they are part of the recall but I have had at least 5 off them already require a battery change since July. However, since the serial number on the sensor is printed on the back plate (that attaches to wall)and not on the main part of the sensor, I have no way of knowing if there back plate actually represents the serial number of the motion detector. So, the 2 questions I have are: 1. Is there anyway to tell the serial number from outside of the separate back plate? And 2. Since I assume that several of the sensors I have are effected by their recall(since they are draining in months instead of years) is their anyway to get them replaced , or am I essentially out of luck/forced to replace the batteries every 3-4 months.

Here is the recall notice

Thanks.

I had bought some QS1231-840 motion sensors on eBay cheap. Everything appeared to be working well except after 3- 4 months each sensor is requiring a battery change

Depending on the age of the used sensors, they may not be affected by the TSB but they are old enough that the included batteries have a shortened life span.

1. Is there anyway to tell the serial number from outside of the separate back plate?

Serial Number is on the back plate or should be on the box the sensor comes in.

1. Since I assume that several of the sensors I have are effected by their recall(since they are draining in months instead of years) is their anyway to get them replaced , or am I essentially out of luck/forced to replace the batteries every 3-4 months.

If the sensors are affected by the TSB and still covered, then they would be replaced via the vendor they were purchased from.

Appreciate the prompt response, but since these were off of eBay, not through an official channel then there is no “vendor” to replace. Also, the batteries were I believe new when I put them in, but there is always a chance that they were from a bad batch. Lastly, I know that the box and back plate have the serial number, but is there anyway to tell if the actual device has the same serial as the backplate since separating the 2 is quite easy.

Thanks

but is there anyway to tell if the actual device has the same serial as the backplate since separating the 2 is quite easy

The box will also have the DLID, which is programmed into the panel so that the panel knows which device reports to listen to. If the sensor is functional and the panel gets signals from it, the DLID in programming is definitively correct for that sensor.

If the box has a different DLID than what the panel has programmed in, then the sensor and box/backplate may be mismatched.