Qolsys Remote Panel QW9102-840 doesn't mirror panel audio

The good news is that the remote panel has maintained its functionality, so something must have been out of sync during the initial pairing and post-pairing panel firmware updates.

That said, I am curious how the WS9LCDF9 works with the Qolsys. Does it allow remote input of Qolsys user codes to disarm, or does it maintain its own “local” user codes? Based on what I can see online it mirrors user codes from the Qolsys panel, it also mimics the beep for exit/entry delay…and then provides remote arm/disarm functionality. Does the display also update to reflect alarm state then?

This appears like perhaps a better option for a detached garage than a $200 IQ Remote.

Yes the Power G keypad shares arming state/alarm/codes with the IQ Panel 2. See this page for details on its use by Qolsys. It would be a good option but keep in mind that operating temps may be out of range in a detached garage if it is not a temperature or humidity controlled environment.

Just wanted to update, that so far the remote panel has been working fine after doing a factory reset and re-pairing it to the master IQ Panel 2.

I did just install a WS9LCDF9 and observed some of the defects that were resolved in IQ Panel firmware 2.3.1, will see how this remote pin pad works in the garage. Too bad I missed that the newest firmware allowed using this without a A/C power cord, could have saved me some $ and time. Oh well, now I won’t have to deal with batteries on it ever depleting.