Qolsys Panel 2 Plus with DSC PG9904P?

Hello,

Pre-history:
I have Qolsys QS1230-840 motion detectors and frankly speaking they leave much to be desired.
I have too many false alarms from them. It is not a placement, vibration or spiders. I tried one in black box and it went off.
Qolsys has great products, but I found that their motion detectors are not reliable. Now I’m looking for reliable motion sensors. Life cannot be without loses :slight_smile:

Questions:
I found that Interlogic and DSC have better quality. I stopped on DSC since they use advanced Power G technology. Here I have a question if DSC PG9904P (motion+camera) fully works (motion + camera) with ADC and Qolsys Panel 2 Plus(with PowerG module)? … or it is better to buy just motion PG9974P or dual PG9984P?

Thanks for your help and answers.

P.S. Sorry to be negative about Qolsys motion detectors, but this is how it is.

Opinions are always welcome, no need to apologize! I would say though that I have yet to really come across a major manufacturer model of sensor which is quantitatively lower in quality than another. Not all sensors are designed for the same application/locations. Always keep in mind instructions regarding placement, mounting height, angle, range, etc.

That said, you may certainly see more false alarms with one model over another, especially when it comes to Pet immunity or PIR vs dual PIR/Microwave.

The Power G camera/motion detector is not compatible with Alarm.com. It should function with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 however no images would be uploaded to ADC at this time.

As it is functionally similar to the ADC Image Sensor it may be supported in the future, but there is no ETA or confirmation on that.

Thank you very much.
My decision is to buy dual DSC PG9904P. Just ordered a pair of them. After I test them I let everybody know about them here.

Just ordered a pair of them. After I test them I let everybody know about them here.

Thank you. As long as you have an IQ Panel 2 plus version they should work locally. The PIR functionality should function normally. Let us know how they work out!

Here is the update about dual DSC PG9984P with .

This motion sensor is partially compatible with ADC and Qolsys. The problem is you cannot turn of annoying LED blinking lights and change other parameters. You have to be on DSC system and can only toggle settings there. No physical toggles. It works as a motion detector, but LED are always on.
I have no other solution, but to disassemble the device and use some dark tape around LEDs.

I’m not the poorest person, but really tired to throw money on motion detectors :slight_smile:

P.S. Must admit that the sensor has better sensitivity compare to Qolsys “masterpiece”

The problem is you cannot turn of annoying LED blinking lights and change other parameters. You have to be on DSC system and can only toggle settings there.

Interesting. If it is a software change that may be later supported by Qolsys on the IQ Panel 2. We’ll reach out for some info on the Power G settings. Thank you for following up!