Qolsys motion sensor

What is the best way to set up a motion sensor to trigger a camera to record? We have done this in the past with 2Gig but are having trouble setting it up with a qolsys system. When we try using the same sensor group it fails to trigger any motion.

To clarify, 2GIG and Qolsys do not share the same sensor groups, but they do have groups that do the same thing.

As long as the Motion Detector is relaying its status to Alarm.com and is programmed as a standard sensor type eligible for sensor activity monitoring you would be able to set up a sensor triggered recording rule under recording schedules.

It doesn’t look like this is regarding a suretyDIY subscription, correct? It would help to know how you have this programmed.

What sensor group number are you using? Are you saying you have already created a recording schedule in Alarm.com for the camera based on sensor activity? Or are you saying the motion detector itself does not report to the Qolsys panel?

What model of motion detector are you using? What model of Alarm.com video camera?

Hey Jason, the model for the motion detector is QS-1200-P01 and the camera is the alarm.com 825 dome camera. I have been able to set up the 2gig motion detector as a door contact and have work fine with the panel and with alarm.com. When I tried to do the same thing with the qolsys and would not register in the panel and not trigger the camera to record. If I put it as type motion detector it would trigger in panel but alarm.com does not allow cameras to record of motion detectors. I have tried a few different groups just trying to get it to work but no luck. Thanks for your help.

Aha, I see what you are trying to do. Yes, selecting the wrong equipment type can cause problems on the Qolsys panel. I see the same issue programming a motion detector as a door sensor. The Motion will not trip at the panel that way.

If set as a motion detector, the Group won’t affect the equipment designation, so the applicable limitations in Alarm.com would stop a recording schedule based on that sensor’s activity.

You would want to just use video motion detection schedules. You should also be able to use a wired motion detector connected to an RE101 instead. The wired motion detector would not suffer the same battery life saving features and delay as well.