Qolsys IQ4 and PowerG

Since setting up the IQ4 I have had nothing but issues with PG. I am in firmware 4.4 and while I have been able to get motion sensors to register, I cannot get window/door sensors I have to register – regardless of auto learn or manually entering. If I manually enter they report network error. What’s the trick?

This is a real pain in the butt.

Ok. For all others, basically the best I can tell is you need to open the PG device to access the enrollment button in order to auto learn. You cannot just trip it like a SL. On the PG 9303 window/door sensors the case is a real pain to pry open and you’ll damage it a bit. Once I’m side there is a button. With the panel in security sensor auto learn, press and hold the button until the led flashes. The sensor should be picked up.

I hope this helps someone else. I don’t remember having to do this on the IQ2+.

If you are auto-learning, PowerG sensors often have a pairing button, whereas S-Line sensors can be tampered or opened to trigger the signal. Refer to the sensor installation manual for the pairing procedure if using auto-learn.

PowerG has a more complex pairing process I believe due to its two way nature.

You can manually enter the TXID and zone info instead of auto-learn, but you will need to activate or tamper the zone afterward usually. It will show “Not Networked” as a status for a short time until it successfully communicates.