Qolsys IQ2 Panel loses connection to main panel after a day or two.

My Qolsys IQ2 panel loses connection to the main panel after a day or two. I have to reboot the IQ2 to reestablish the connection. I have also had to reboot the primary panel on one occasion. Now I could not get it up so I followed the troubleshooting directions and it said to remove from the main panel and re-add. I tried this and it says the panel is already added to the main panel, but it is not in the list and the IQ2 still does not work. I am running the latest firmware on everything.

The IQ2 is solely dependent on your local WiFi network, is it not?

The IQ2 pairs with the IQ Panel over Wi-Fi

If it keeps losing connectivity to your LAN/WAN, you may want to check/tweak your router settings, perhaps used a fixed IP or reserve it via DHCP. Check your channel, make sure it isn’t congested, or an overlap. All this can greatly impact your broadband speeds/WiFi connectivity.

Sometimes a power cycle of your modem and router help (you should power cycle them on the average of once a week or so anyways to keep you network optimal).

The above poster is correct. Your IQ2 does not directly communicate with the IQ panel via direct radio communication, it uses your WIFI network to accomplish communication. If one of the panels is in a spot that does not receive good coverage from your wifi, you may wish to relocate the panel or the router to troubleshoot.

There is no issue with my wifi or router. The wifi connection is good. I am using a static IP address for both the primary panel and the IQ2 panel.

As I stated above, I removed the panel and re-added, I get an error message saying it already exists int he database.

Ideas??

The IQ2 is just a glorified 7" android wifi tablet that you Velcro to wall, or sit on table. Nothing more, nothing less. If it is dropping the WiFi then I suggest you recheck your network again.

It is NOT dropping the WIFI connection. It only drops the connection to the main panel.

On the main IQ panel, when you select “Settings - Installer Code - IQ2 Devices” is this IQ2 listed there?

It is NOT dropping the WIFI connection. It only drops the connection to the main panel.

Just to make sure we are on the same page here…

You do realize that the IQ2 is not actually directly connected to the Qolsys panel, right? It connects to the main panel via the WiFi.

The IQ2 still links to the IQ panel. It speaks across Wifi but it is not the same as using a tablet and the ADC App.

Is the IQ2 still listed in the IQ2 devices menu? Do you only have the one IQ2?

The IQ2 still links to the IQ panel. It speaks across Wifi but it is not the same as using a tablet and the ADC App.

Rive loves to badmouth the IQ2 :wink:

Yes, I understand how the IQ2 connects to the main panel.

I emailed Qolsys tech support and they fixed the issue of re-adding the IQ2 after deleting it from the main panel.

Quoted from the tech

“You must first Reset the IQ2 in the More Menu – Reset – Yes - Clear Data.
Re-add the IQ2. (it is still in the database until reset)”

Still waiting on a response as to why the IQ2 panel keeps losing connection to the main panel.

We are awaiting response from Qolsys as well.

Can you verify the firmware version of the IQ panel and the IQ2 you are using?

In addition to the firmware versions, are you powering the IQ2 from the included power supply and barrel plug or via the USB?

I am using the latest versions of firmware for both the main panel and the IQ2 panel. I am using the power supply and barrel plus to power the IQ2.

I received a response from Qolsys and they said they are not sure what is happening and to let them know if it loses connection again.

How are you noticing the connection loss? Can you describe the symptoms of this? Does the IQ2 Devices menu in your IQ panel show the IQ2 status as disconnected or unreachable? (4th column)

I’ve yet to see one lose connection without losing wifi, so I am not sure exactly how that is going to present. Can you post a couple photos of the two devices and any error messages/status alerts you see?

Does the IQ 2 say " Cannot connect to main panel" if so I had this issue and spoke with Qolsys, I sent them my IQ2’s and they re programmed them for me and I got them back and they work perfect not

corxxgold,

Just checking in with you to see if your problem was resolved after sending back to Qolsys. I’m having the exact same issue you were having with the IQ2 losing connection to the main panel.

Thanks,
Ed

This was asked in another thread, but would you be able to check the firmware version of your IQ2?

I had a similar problem with my two IQ2s getting disconnected, I bought a new router but now one of the IQ2 just says “Please register your secondary (the IQ2)panel with the primary panel” , second IQ2 panel booted up fine and I was able to add it.

The bottom of the problem IQ2 panel doesn’t have “More” so how do I find out what the IP is ? I have turned off/on the IQ2, rebooted main panel, rebooted router. IS there some way to reset the IQ2 panel turning off and on doesn’t seem to do anything.

Thanks

I have run into a similar problem, I lost connectivity to the main panel from my IQ2 this morning (woke up with it hung and not responding to commands.), I rebooted the IQ2 with not success, I tried the remove and re-add option on the IQ Panel, then reboot (this worked before), but today, after reboot on the panel, it just says: “Please register you secondary(the IQ2) panel with primary panel.”

I only get the Settings button that requires a PIN (and it does not recognize valid PINs).

Also, after rebooting my IQ Panel, it is now hung in a weird state where all the sensors are working (it shows system status, makes announcements as doors / open or close) but the touch screen is hung! I cannot get anything to work on the front panel!

Note, my service provider (Frontpoint) was called and they are sending me a new IQ Panel (yikes!), but i am afraid it will still have problems with the IQ2 (purchased from SuretyDIY)

BTW, I thought I was updated to 1.5.1 on the IQ and 1.5 on the IQ2, can’t verify now :frowning: