Qolsys IQ1 Wont turn on

I went to arm my qolsys panel from the device and the screen didnt come on when I touched it. I pressed the home button and the screen would not wake.

I looked for a hard reboot option as I didnt want to disconnect the power. I read that holding the home button down for 60 seconds would do this in unarmed state.

After about 40 seconds both the emergency and home button turned red, still no screen.

I have yet to get the screen to turn on.

After that I tried holding the home button again, the emergency button, and then both together. No combination worked.

I am about to disconnect it from power now but didnt particularly want to. Hopefully that corrects it.

Disconnecting all power, rebooting, and removing the VERY SWOLLEN battery corrected the issue.

2 questions:

1)Is there a way to reboot that I missed in my OP?

2)Any suggestions on replacing the battery?

1)Is there a way to reboot that I missed in my OP?

The hard reboot for the IQ Panel is to hold the Home button for 30 seconds. Rebooting can also be performed through the menu, but that obviously was not an option here.

2)Any suggestions on replacing the battery?

A heavily swollen battery can cause damage and possibly rupture, make sure to not reinsert if it is heavily swollen. It may have been causing pressure on the display/cabling.

We do not sell them in the store as the panel is discontinued, but the batteries are available as of this post. Should you need a replacement battery for your IQ Panel, please email customerservice@suretyDIY.com and they will be happy to get you what you need!

Yes, I held the button down for 60 seconds and after about 30 it turned red but then I was unable to get it to turn back on.

I removed the battery because it was so swollen that it was actually difficult to remove.

I will email them now, thanks!

I should add that the panel worked after I disconnected both the power and battery the reconnected the main power.

I should add that the panel worked after I disconnected both the power and battery the reconnected the main power.

That would make sense if the battery was putting pressure on internal cable connections.

That was my assumption as well - I have since ordered a new battery from Surety :slight_smile:

Thanks!