Qolsys IQ Panel latest firmware

Hi,

I’m not a dealer but more of a end user and i would like t know where I can get te lastest firmware for my IQPanel. I currently have the 1.5.3 installed using network but it doesn’t go further then that. To install version 1.6.1 and up i need to install it using the sdcard but i don’t know where i can get that firmware.

I need that update to be able to use the Zwave controller as secondary just like in the post:
https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/iq-panel-as-z-wave-secondary-controller/
Please help me

To get more recent firmware you’ll just need to use a patch tag when updating.

In the firmware update settings on the panel, select Patch Tag and use “systest162”

You can then upgrade using network.

Thanks for the answer, with that firmware i was able to add the IQPanel as my secondary controller. My first controller is a AEON Labs USB z-stick v2.

So fait i was able to setup everything except my kwikset deadlock. It’s working on my primary controller but it ain’t on the IQ Panel. And while I was adding the controller I got a message saying that it passes all non secure device but secure node inclusion failed ! with status code 518.

Any idea ? Is there a place where i need to setup the security key of maybe i can read it and use the same one on my primary controller ?

Attachement smaller

Using the Patch Tag “systest162” firmware update i was able to add my IQPanel as my secondary controller. My first controller is a AEON Labs USB z-stick v2 with HomeAssistant (openZWave).

So far everything is working in my setup except my kwikset deadlock. I’m able to lock/unlock using my primary controller but not on the secondary (IQ Panel). While I was adding the controller I got a message saying that it passes all non secure device but secure node inclusion failed ! with status code 518.

Any idea ? Is there a place where i need to setup the security key in IQ Panel? Or maybe I can read it from the IQ panel and store that one in my Primary controller(openzwave options.xml file) ?

Your help would be appreciated :wink:

Attached is the error message from the IQ Panel.

Sincerly,

Alex

We’ve moved a duplicate forum question here.

Any idea ? Is there a place where i need to setup the security key in IQ Panel? Or maybe I can read it from the IQ panel and store that one in my Primary controller(openzwave options.xml file) ?

Secure Command Class Enrollment is a process which occurs automatically for Z-wave devices. There is no manual configuration which can be performed on Qolsys.

The main cause behind failed secure node transfer is distance. The two controllers, in this case the Z-stick and the Qolsys panel, should be within a few feet of one another when you pair the Qolsys panel as a secondary. It should remain in close proximity throughout the process. Only once everything is confirmed, then move the Qolsys back to its spot. Does this resolve?

I will have to try that when i go back home this afternoon!

Can’t wait to see!

If i add more device to my primary controller, are they gonna be populated as well in the secondary?

If i add more device to my primary controller, are they gonna be populated as well in the secondary?

I believe as of yet on the Qolsys you’ll need to follow the add controller steps again to get the new devices.

I just tried moving my primary controller closer to the secondary controller and kwikset deadbolt but i got the same result error 518 :frowning:

I’m no zwave expert but if I pair my kwikset with my IQPanel qolsys it works and same thing using my AOEN z-stick but it’s when i pair the qolsys as secondary controller that i loose the functionnality. I can see the device doint something when i try locking/unlocking but it stop there.

How can i debug that issue? Should the security key be the same on both controller? Because in my openzwave implementation i need to set a security key (default one).

How can i debug that issue? Should the security key be the same on both controller? Because in my openzwave implementation i need to set a security key (default one).

There are panel logs which may assist, but your Alarm.com provider would need to upload those logs to Qolsys for review, they are not locally visible.

If you are able to view logs in the Z-stick, do you see evidence of the lock responding during the pairing process?

So if i want to see and debug those logs i would have to talk with my alarm.com provider?

When i try to lock/unlock from my secondary controller (iq panel) does it communicate with my aeon z stick for the command to the kwikset? Or it talk directly to the kwikset?

So if i want to see and debug those logs i would have to talk with my alarm.com provider?

The panel logs are not visible to users and Qolsys treats them as confidential. Only Qolsys is able to review. The ability to upload the logs to Qolsys is found in dealer tools. You would need to contact your provider.

When i try to lock/unlock from my secondary controller (iq panel) does it communicate with my aeon z stick for the command to the kwikset? Or it talk directly to the kwikset?

The IQ panel would still send direct commands to the lock. It does not send it through the primary controller.

The issue here is how the lock encryption is transferred from one controller to the other. You cannot manually edit this. Manufacturers typically will not provide support for third party integration, so there can be some trial and error involved to determine compatibility.

Have you tried removing, resetting, and re-adding the lock to your primary controller prior to learning in the Qolsys as secondary?

Ok i will try to contact my provider then.

I did try to remove and re-added the kwikset but always get the same result. The error 518 that im getting from the IQPanel, does it give more information ?

Alex

There are no additional details then what the notification states on the screen. The security key transfer is incomplete but does not indicate why.

My provider gave me very little information about what was failing… they said that it fail while doing the enrolment of the kwikset device. I’m kind of stuck there…

Would it be possible to setup my network differently ? like using the Qolsys as primary and my AOEN z-stick as secondary (Home Assistant) ? Does the qolsys support a secondary controller?

Alex

Would it be possible to setup my network differently ? like using the Qolsys as primary and my AOEN z-stick as secondary (Home Assistant) ? Does the qolsys support a secondary controller?

Qolsys cannot be primary that I am aware.

One thing you might try as a long shot: You might try waking the lock with activity during the process. When you initiate the transfer, press a button to wake the lock at the same time. Keep interacting until the process is complete. I am just curious if pulling it out of FLIRS low power mode might assist.

By pressing a button you mean on the keypad or the program button?

So you are saying that Qolsys does work in a single zwave controller environment or as a secondary with using 2 controller? Meaning that he can’t work as a primary if a secondary is present?

I will try that as soon as i get home.

Thanks again for your help!

By pressing a button you mean on the keypad or the program button?

On the keypad.

So you are saying that Qolsys does work in a single zwave controller environment or as a secondary with using 2 controller? Meaning that he can’t work as a primary if a secondary is present?

Correct. In a two-controller network I believe it can only be secondary. It should only be secondary, as the primary benefit of integration is having parallel networks where the primary has wider compatibility and is open without threat to security.

Every time I’ve tried to do an update using the network I get a message that says. Unable to process your request now. Please try after some time. Have you ever seen this? Have tried using the patch tag as well, I’m on version 1.6.1

Every time I’ve tried to do an update using the network I get a message that says. Unable to process your request now. Please try after some time. Have you ever seen this?

I’ve not seen this, though it may mean the Qolsys download server is not available at the moment. How long has this been occurring?