Qolsys IQ Panel adopt to a new provider

I have a system I paid for upfront from an ADT company, but they didn’t provide a specific service I wanted, and didn’t provide it upon installation of the system. So, I requested my contract be cancelled, and finally they did cancel. Now I have been told that as long as I have everything settled with former company, I should be able to work with another Alarm.com service provider, but when I tried to obtained monitoring services from Surety, and I tried to enter the SN, I received an error message stating that this couldn’t be done at this time. So, what is preventing me from using my system, and what do I need to do to rectify?? I have WiFi and internet, but no cellular service (Version) The panel is responsive, but when I tried to go with another provider the directions I received was to power down, but instructions given were for me to pull the wires loose from the battery in the panel. I didn’t feel comfortable with those instructions. Help please

Now I have been told that as long as I have everything settled with former company, I should be able to work with another Alarm.com service provider, but when I tried to obtained monitoring services from Surety, and I tried to enter the SN, I received an error message stating that this couldn’t be done at this time. So, what is preventing me from using my system, and what do I need to do to rectify??

You may have cancelled your service with the other provider, but they may not have actually deleted the associated Alarm.com account. The panel can only be associated with one Alarm.com account at a time.

So that we can best assist, please send us a private message with the panel IMEI.

We’ve received your message. The IMEI you provided is indeed connected still to an Alarm.com account.

You will need to contact your prior provider and inform them that they need to delete your Alarm.com account so that you can reuse your panel.

I have done that, and I was told by the person who responded to an email I sent them that they could not do that!!!

The individual you reached may not be knowledgeable about how to do so, however this is a standard procedure for dealers and the panel unfortunately cannot be reused until your prior dealer deletes that account.

Until then, the panel is registered in ADC and the IMEI cannot be assigned to a new account. Please be sure to reach out to them again and let them know this needs to be done.

Thank you for providing me with this valuable information. Because of this information I was able to get the issue resolved!

Happy to help. You can switch your plan to a monitored option like Surety Complete at any time in the system manager here. You will be prompted to enter your IMEI and run a cell test to complete the connection