Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ and RE201 won't change state

I have the RE201 connected to a magnet switch for my garage to indicate when I’ve left my garage door open. It worked great on my old Panel. I upgraded to the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with the 345Mhz add on card. The panel sees the sensor fine. When I open the garage door it shows open and then I can never get it to show closed again, when the door is closed. The only way I can get it to show closed is to remove and re-add it to the Panel. I put my Fluke Ohm meter on the switch and I can see the switch open and close. Not sure why the Panel is having a hard time seeing it.

This would be likely due to the incorrect Loop being used in programming.

The internal reed switch would use Loop 2.

If you have a wired contact connected to the inputs A and Common, it would use Loop 1.

If you have a wired contact connected to the inputs B and Common, it would use Loop 3.

I’m using the wired contact on input A and it’s assigned to Loop 1. I’m going to double check that when I get home and make sure. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Jason,

That was the correct fix. When I learned it in it was set to Loop 3. I left it there and now it works like it’s supposed to. I guess I’m not 100% on how the Loops are supposed to function.

Now I just need to decide if I want to use my overhead garage door as a 12-Entry-Exit-Long Delay or a 25-Local Safety Sensor.

Thanks for the Help.