Qolsys IQ panel 2+ and Qolsys remote, disarming automatically turns on remote screen

My wife and I work different hours some days and one of us usually comes in while the other is asleeping.

We have the remote mounted in our master with the main panel by the garage.

When we disarm the alarm, the remote in the master turns the screen on and wakes up the partner.

Is there a way to disable this feature?

1 Like

I’m asking around about this in case there have been any recent updates. This topic comes up a lot. It may be Monday before I can follow up. For reference:

I discussed with Qolsys and there is still no solution to this use case. The issue is they designed it with security as a the first priority. They want to make sure you’re aware of what’s happening with the system from any IQ Remote. I requested that they consider your situation since it’s common so hopefully they’ll add something in a future software update.

Thanks for the update, Roy.

My Qolsys remote also screens on randomly throughout the middle of the night and wakes us up and sometimes plays the alert like when you have a message in queue, even if there is no message. I’m not sure why and the only work around I’ve found is just turning the remote off, which kind of ruins the point of having the remote.

I’ve double checked the night time mode and it is set to be in night time mode when the screen turns on randomly. Any suggestions?

This is known behavior. Any activity at all at the main panel or on the system will wake the remote screen. Whenever the main panel is accessed, sensors triggered, certain commands hit the system, the remote turns on.

The screen will automatically shut off during night time mode, but it will wake back up to activity.

We’ve made requests to Qolsys on this and I will forward this thread to them to see if they have any updates on this or potential changes to how the night settings work.

Thanks for keeping this request alive. It’s not much of a security feature when you can turn the volume down.

Instead of starting an entirely new thread here, it appears than the Qolsys remote panel in our master bedroom will turn itself on every morning on the dot at 6 AM MT. I don’t have any scheduled rules, automation and no one is walking around downstairs or disarming the system at that time.

Any ideas what I should check?

That is the default end time for Night mode settings. The screen will turn on automatically at the end of night mode. You can find and edit this setting under Photo-Frame > Photo-Frame Settings.

So easy. All done! I never would have thought to check there. Thanks again Jason!

Yeah, I understand, I think that setting is in a strange spot, but since night mode is related to the photo frame settings and whether or not to time-out to images or a black screen, they put it there. Happy to help.

I’m new to using Qolsys IQ panel 4 and the remote. Guess I would like to pile on to this request as this has become the first annoyance. Whenever you do anything on the main panel (or phone app), it wakes up the remote which like many, is in our bedroom. At a minimum, is there a way to turn it off quicker? Whenever we arm/disarm (even using our phones), the screen brightens up. Seems to stay that way for around 5 minutes and then goes back to being dark (based on the night mode). We finally put something in front of it, to try and hide the light at night.

This is found in photo frame settings and it can be set down to 1 minute. Pull down the settings tray and select photo frame to find the timeout.

Thanks! That will help turn it off faster.