The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 requires a special battery pack available for purchase from the manufacturer the QR0041-840 (IQ Panel 2 and 2 Plus).
To avoid dispatch on false alarms put your system in test mode with the monitoring station before proceeding.
- Disarm the panel.
- Power down the panel
- Go to Advanced Settings, enter the Installer/Dealer/Master code, then tap Power Down.
- Once powered down, disconnect AC power from the wall outlet.
- Disconnect the panel from the mounting plate.
- Unplug the battery connector.
- Once the panel is powered down, unplug 4 pin battery connector from the board.
- Remove the battery.
- Pull the blue tab from under the battery downwards. This peels away the tape holding the battery in place.
- Install the new battery.
- Remove the protective film from the adhesive tape on the back of the battery and seat the battery into the bottom left plastic corner. Plug the battery connector back into the board.
- Reconnect the panel to the mounting plate.
- Restore AC power to the panel.