Qolsys IQ Mini Door Window Sensor - QS1135-840 Issues

Other things than the panel and sensor can affect wireless signaling. Furniture being moved or other devices using the same frequency can interfere, for example.

If your panel supports PowerG, the easiest solution is probably to replace that sensor with a PowerG sensor.

I have a newer CO that is having issue as is the FireFighter switch. Is there a way to extend the antenna? What about replacing the daughtercard for the radio?

On the windows it’s multiple sensors not just one.

Additionally, where is the panel located in the residence? Main floor, basement, on an outer or inner wall, etc.

Were you able to update the firmware to 4.4…2 and test?

Should I try replacing the daughter card for 319 radio?

Qolsys does not offer the individual radios separately.

I have a newer CO that is having issue as is the FireFighter switch. Is there a way to extend the antenna?

Qolsys does not make an range extender for the 319.5MHz radio or a repeater for 319.5MHz S-Line sensors.

The panel is by the door to the garage where it has been since 2017. With opening all the more distant S line sensors, they never report to the panel. The S line sensors closer to the panel work fine. All updates have been completed.

I’m showing that the panel is reporting 4.4.1 at this time, 4.4.2 is the most recent.

However, based on troubleshooting, the last thing to try here would be a full Master Reset of the panel.

This will default the panel, removing all paired devices and user codes. However, a backup of current settings can be run in Alarm.com and re-applied after the Master Reset has been performed. This backup will only contain RF Sensor programming and User codes. IT will not contain, Z-Wave or secondary panel programming. This would need to be programmed manually.

A backup exists from 5/13 but a new one can be run, just let us know.

Once the backup has been completed, the Master Reset can be done locally.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Enter Dealer Code (default 2222) > Installation > Dealer Settings > Master Reset.

Afterwards, let us know this has been done and the backup can be sent to the panel. We can only send the backup during normal business hours Monday through Friday 9AM to 5:30 ET.

Go ahead and run a backup. One question I have is whether the panel periodically talks to the wireless sensors. It would seem that it should and therefore would know at some point they aren’t communicating with the panel. Last night, I left one of the windows open for an hour, and the panel never picked it up. I’ve checked the batteries too.

Backup has been run.

Supervision check in is set for 4, 12, or 24 hours. Most security sensors are 24 hours by default. Life safety are 4.

Sensors check in multiple times in that time period, every 60 or 90 minutes iirc. If one of those signals is received by the panel in the supervision check in time period, the interval will reset.

You will see a loss of supervision report if the sensor doesn’t check in in that time frame (4, 12, 24 hours).

Just want to update you on the progress. I found a supplier for the 319 MHz radio and ordered in last week. While I was waiting on this I stumbled on the sensor test setting. I ran the sensor tests and got all sorts of bad news. The next post has the good news.

The replacement daughter card arrived. Even though the system test said the existing card passed, I replaced the card. Voila! I still have weakness on two sensors but overall much improved and system is working properly.

2 Likes

That’s great! Where did you find the daughter card?