qolsys IQ Control Panel

So I’m still trying to decide on what to get, but I am leaning towards the qolsys iq control panel. I see in the SURETYDIY Store that you have the QS-9004-VRZ, but I want that same panel for ATT. So, I guess I can buy this from a 3rd party – the downside is I’m not sure how to get this working for your system. Any gotchas I need to be aware of with what I purchase? Since one of the value-adds that you provide is you pre-program everything, if I get a control panel elsewhere it seems like I would lose this benefit. It also seems like you are out of stock on the qolsys thermostat so I’ll need to 3rd party that one as well. BUT, I could still buy the motion sensors, smoke detectors, window/door contacts, etc. through surety. Can those be preprogrammed even though I get the control panel elsewhere? If not, how painful of a setup is it to do it all on my own? – Thanks.

BUT, I could still buy the motion sensors, smoke detectors, window/door contacts, etc. through surety. Can those be preprogrammed even though I get the control panel elsewhere? If not, how painful of a setup is it to do it all on my own?

We can only provide programming on full system orders (Panel, sensors, service plan). However, programming sensors is pretty easy, and even easier on a Qolsys IQ panel.

We do not require you to purchase equipment from us. If you buy a panel elsewhere, each IQ panel has its communicator built in. We would need the communications module serial number to get started. These communicators are locked while registered to an Alarm.com account. If you purchase a used panel, it would be beneficial to ask the seller for the communications number first so you can verify it is an unregistered panel.

When you order a service plan on suretyDIY, you will fill out an order survey which will collect this and other necessary information.