We installed our new Qolsys IQ 4 last weekend. It shut off on Wednesday. We moved it to a different outlet and it powered on after a few minutes of blinking red lights. I just found it powered off again. This is a faulty unit and we need to return it and have a replacement sent
To troubleshoot, first power down the panel and open it up. Check to make sure the internal battery has been plugged in. Then close up the panel and reconnect to power.
- If the screen is currently on, power down from programming first (Settings > Advanced Settings > Power Down)
- Disconnect the power supply from the outlet first, then open the panel to disconnect the internal battery
Next, hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds. You should see an Android logo then a Qolsys logo. This is what you should see when the panel boots up. Does it?
How is the panel wired, are you using the included 7V power supply? Are you using the included power cable or an existing cable run?
- If using an existing run, how long is the run and what gauge of wire is in use?
The battery is connected and I followed all troubleshooting steps. I want to get a replacement as this one has completely shut down twice for no reason.
And yes we are using the included power supply and it shut off at more than one outlet
Are you using the included cable, or an existing cable run?
- If an existing cable run, how long is the run and what gauge is the wire?
Additionally, If there is no feedback from the panel after the previous troubleshooting and the LEDs do not show, then the panel battery may be discharged. To troubleshoot:
- Check that the battery cable is properly
inserted into the connector. (Looks good here)
- Insert the AC power plug into the
- The LEDs should begin to flash Red,
indicating the panel is charging. The LEDs may remain
flashing for up to 30 mins while the panel charges. The
panel will boot once it receives sufficient charge.
However, After the charger is inserted and the power button has been pressed and there is still no feedback from the panel and the display and LEDs do not show, then the panel battery is likely deeply discharged. If that is the case, try the following:
- Unplug the battery, unplug the AC power.
- Reconnect the battery only.
- Insert AC power plug, wait 5 seconds and then remove.
Repeat this up to 10 times until the LEDs continually flash
Red indicating that the battery is charging.
- The LEDs may remain flashing for up to 30 mins while the
panel charges. The panel will fully boot once it receives
- Note: If the LEDs stop flashing Red and the panel does not boot, go
back to the previous step (Step 3).
If the new steps do not resolve the issue, we will want to start the warranty replacement process. We will need the following send to us via Private Message:
Panel Serial Number and 15-digit IMEI number. Both numbers found on the back of the panel and on the box it comes in.
What would cause the panel to shut off twice with no warning?
How long does it take for the battery to charge?
It can take up to 24 hours to fully charge.