Qolsys install

Hi,

Trying to help a buddy out. He has an old brinks wired alarm system with the alarm box in the upstairs closet. We want to install a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and an IQ Remote as well as a hardwire takeover module. He wants a completely stealth install as there were 2 panels before (brinks) and we will use these locations for the new panels. My question is since it’s already wired are we able to somehow use 1 adapter and distribute the power to the Qolsys panels through the existing wiring in the walls? Is there a power distribution bored that exists that will handle all the voltages and amps we’d for the 2 panels and the hardwire takeover module? I am also wondering which module is reccomended, looking at the hardwire 8 from Qolsys or the resolution re508x. One last question I have is I am curious if the IQ Remote has the Bluetooth disarm feature on the regular panel. I know it’s abuch of questions and I appreciate the help in advanced.

My question is since it’s already wired are we able to somehow use 1 adapter and distribute the power to the Qolsys panels through the existing wiring in the walls?

No, you should not use the same power supply for both panels. The existing wiring can typically be reused, depending on how long the cable is, spliced onto the power supplies that come with the IQ Panel 2 and IQ Remote.

The two existing keypads would likely have four wires each running back to the central panel box. You can double up the conductors on each to apply power using the power supplies that come with the alarm panels.

The new IQ Remote qw9104-840 comes with a 7V transformer so it is more conducive to wall mounting and extending the power cable.

I am also wondering which module is reccomended, looking at the hardwire 8 from Qolsys or the resolution re508x

Typically we would recommend going with the Qolsys Hardwire 8 or 16.

One last question I have is I am curious if the IQ Remote has the Bluetooth disarm feature on the regular panel.

No. The secondary panel controls arming in a similar fashion to bluetooth, as in it is a peripheral device sending signals to the main control panel to arm or disarm.

The primary control panel is the device which accepts bluetooth disarming. Note that I usually do not recommend using that feature, as it is the least secure feature and can cause usability issues if your phone’s bluetooth turns off and back on, possibly unexpectedly disarming at night.

Pay attention to which version of the Hardwire module you get the new 16-f allows smokes and external siren. QS7133-840