Qolsys Gen I Panel Frozen

Hi. I have a gen I Qolsys panel that was non-responsive yesterday. Was just showing a picture on the screen with both the buttons below lit up in red. I did a quick google search on how to reboot and it pulled up a livewatch bulletin that said to hold the home button for 60 seconds until it reboots. It further explained that the screen would go black and then recover in 2-3 minutes. So I held the home button for 60 seconds and it went from the picture on the screen to a black screen — but it never recovered (rebooted). It is currently in a state of a black screen with both buttons below lit up in red. Completely unresponsive to holding either button for reboot. Need help. I’m afraid the panel is toast.

On a related note, I have a Gen I remote IQ2 panel near the bedrooms. That screen showed a blurr of pixels a few months back and I tried to reboot with no luck. So I just powered it down.

I have had both panels for just over 2 years and not pleased with the poor reliability of this hardware. I would like to know what my options are for replacing both panels.

Thanks very much.

Typically you will want to power cycle the panel using the manufacturer suggested method via the reboot function command at the panel. However, as that is not an option currently, you can try a hard reboot by unplugging the transformer then the battery, wait two minutes, then plug the battery back in followed by the transformer. Any Change?

Please note, the Qolsys IQ Panel (Gen 1) and the corresponding IQ2 secondary panel have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Replaced by the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 and IQ remote secondary panel.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 would be able to utilize the same sensors and Z-Wave devices as the first gen panel. However, as the Gen 1 secondary panel is not compatible with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2, the new Iq Remote secondary panel would be needed.

Can you please reach out to me via email and let me know the cost to replace my panel and remote panel with Gen 2 hardware? Looking for the cost for a Qolsys IQ2 Panel and IQ2 remote panel…thanks.

The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 is available in our store here. Pricing is shown on the product page.

The IQ Remote (the secondary keypad) is not yet available in our store, but I believe it is expected to be soon. We would be happy to update here when available. As long as you are subscribed to this thread (automatic if you started it) you’ll receive an email notification.

Have you tried the hard power cycle for the IQ panel?

Also keep in mind that most systems could be used in conjunction with a wireless signal translator if there is another panel type you are looking at. The RE524X translator would let you use existing wireless sensors with a 2GIG Panel, for example, or other manufacturer.

Did the hard reset and was able to get the panel rebooted. Thanks for the help.