Qolsys fire verification

When fire verification is enabled, the IQ manual specifies two fire events are necessary to trigger an alarm. Does that mean two “sets” of the smoke detector 3 tone pulse are required to trigger the alarm? I have a firefighter listener installed, will fire verification work with this device as well (since I don’t use a stand alone RF smoke).

When Fire Verification is enabled on the IQ Panel, the panel requires two fire events from smoke detectors paired with the panel (one detector twice or two detectors, once each)

The FireFighter would need to detect twice before the panel would send a signal. I don’t believe it will work with verification due to the delay between activations on the FireFighter but local testing would be recommended.

Thanks, I will test locally. Related: can you verify that our account is set up such that a designated person will be contacted by the monitoring company prior to the fire department being called?

Yes, it looks like this was put into place some time ago. Two contacts are listed and should be called by operators prior to reaching out to Fire dispatch.