Qolsys 2 with zwave double switch?

Can the qolsys operate a zwave double switch with dry contact and dimmer? Don’t care about the dimming, but would like to utilize the contact for the exhaust fan. I’m looking at the ZOOZ zen30 from the smartest house.com. I called them about it, but they don’t know the qolsys panel. All of their light switches work great with my system.

If the switch functions are paired as two different Z-wave devices it is possible and might be worth a try. If it is a true dual function switch and only paired once with the controller, no, it will almost certainly not be supported.

Officially supported devices can be found listed here. Most single function lights and dimmers will work given their simplicity.

I was looking at these same switches, in the hopes of replacing a ceiling fan/light combo switch that is currently installed. However, this is a bit further down the road for me. Definitely interested in hearing about your experiences with this, if you decide to give it a shot.

I bought the switch and I cannot control the secondary relay via the alarm.com app. On the Qolsys IQ 2 panel main page I see a a slave entry for the light and can control it from there., but I cannot control the main dimmer from that page. However, on the alarm.com app I can only control the main dimmer and I do not see the secondary slave. Here is what it looks like on the main panel of the Qolsys IQ 2.

And here it is on the alarm.com app.

Is the second relay added by itself as a virtual device? As in do you have to perform the inclusion process at the panel twice to get both nodes? Or just once?

If just once, there are no devices like that that will work at this time afaik.

If the extra relays are added as virtual nodes individually, that might work.

I’m just curious if this may be an instance of individually paired virtual nodes not working. I think they should if they are just a dimmer or binary switch, so it would be a little surprising.

Just once. When I included it added 2 devices, I can control one device from Alarm.com(the dimmer) and the other from the panel (the relay). But not both from either place. From the manual:
The Double Switch supports Group 1 with up to 1 devices for lifeline communication. The dimmer supports Group 2 with up to 5 devices and will send BASIC_SET report to other devices in Group 2 to communicate status changes. The relay supports Group 3 with up to 5 devices and will send BASIC_SET report to other devices in Group 3 if its status changes.

The product page with the manual can be found here.

Almost 2 years later, so figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask if anyone is successfully using this switch now (ZOOZ zen30)?

Alternately, if it is not possible to use this switch does anyone know of a solution that is compatible for controlling two lights from a single-gang box? I only need one of the lights to be accessible for automation (just on/off, no dimming). Manual control-only is fine for the other light.

Dual function switches are not supported in Alarm.com at this time.

There is no purpose built product I know of for what you describe, with one Z-wave switch and one regular switch in a single gang box.

Something like an Aeon Labs Nano that sits behind the plate and a regular double switch might work, but the Nano or any possible comparable option aren’t on either the Qolsys or Alarm.com Z-wave compatibility lists, so I cannot guarantee that would work.

I did what you suggested and put an Aeotec Nano Switch in the box to control just the light I was interested in automating. Seems to work well so far.

The only caveat is that the current state of the light isn’t always represented correctly in the alarm.com app. It shows the last state that was set through the app. So, if you physically flip the switch, it doesn’t know to change the state in the system even if you refresh the view in the app. I can live with that.

And while the Nano might not be on the compatibility list from the website, when adding devices to the system it does show up as a device you can select under Add Device->Lighting and Appliance Control.

Thanks for your help!