QOLSYS 2 Panel not working (radio not responding)

It doesn’t look like you have any PowerG devices, so as long as the legacy radio version is the same that should work, though a backup/restore cannot go backward to the older version I believe. Manual programming would be needed I think.

OK…Can you verify on your end if I do indeed have an IQ2+ please?

You do. Your panel currently has PowerG and 319.5Mhz radios.

Thanks sir.

Well unfortunately it does not look good. Once I unplugged the transformer, the internal rechargeable battery died within about 3 hrs. I then disconnected the rechargeable battery, waited 30 minutes or so, reconnected the battery and then plugged the unit in and powered it up. Still the same black screen with flashing green light. Darn! @jwcsurety , do you know of any success stories with replacing that rechargeable battery and then the unit begins to work again?

I don’t recall that resolving this issue unfortunately. I can’t find any cases looking through history.

Thanks sir… I will purchase an IQ2+ and reach back out for assistance with hopefully migrating some data over to the new unit…I found a few docs dealing with setting up a new unit with backup data. Can you point me to some info that might help me prepare for this? Thanks again!

A guide detailing the backup restore process is below:

1 Like

@jwcsurety

Sir. My IQ4 will be here tomorrow. Does it have to be “activated” by you guys before I can run the setup wizard and install all my devices? I’d hate to bother you guys on the weekend but I really need to get my system back online asap.

Thank you.

Surety pushing the restore of the existing panel backup is only available during business hours, so if you used that restore process we would need to swap the module on Monday.

If you don’t need to use the backup/restore process and plan to manually program sensors or use the wizard instead you can swap the panel assigned to your account at any time 24/7 in the system manager here by expanding the Swap Cellular Module/Panel option.

@jwcsurety

Awesome. I didn’t realize I could use system manager to add the new panel. I’ll prob do that tomorrow. Thank you!

@jwcsurety

Good morning. I received my Qolsys IQ4 319MHz panel Sat. I got it all set up and added all my previous RF sensors, wifi and ZWave devices with no problem. I very much appreciate your input and guidance with that.

The only question I have is with my water sensors. I have two alula Resolution Products RE118 Trident Flood sensors. I know they are not on the “approved device” list for the IQ4 panel, however they worked fine with my IQ2+ and they seem to work just fine w this new panel. Water sensors are fairly pricey and I prefer not to purchase new ones unless absolutely necessary. The only issue is the one sensor labeled “sump pump” seems to have a pretty weak signal when I run a sensor test from the panel. I changed the batteries last night but I don’t think it seems to help that much. Can you look on your end and let me know what your opinion is? If you believe that sensor does not have a strong enough signal strength to be reliable, will a Power G water sensor solve that issue and if so, can you recommend a few choices I could purchase?

Thanks again. I appreciate it!

@jwcsurety

I may have spoke too soon about everything working ok. Now I am getting “device is offline” for all three of my ADC remote temp sensors. I have had theses sensors for a long time and never had an issue when they were paired to the IQ2+. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

UPDATE
I just read on another thread of this same issue. I believe I was on 4.3 firmware when I learned in all my devices and applied the patch firmware 4.4 update thereafter. From reading the other thread, I am going to remove the sensors, rediscover the network, and then relearn the temp sensors back in and see if it resolves. Sound right? Also, do I need to rediscover the network a second time AFTER the temp sensors are added to the network. The OP in the other thread never responded to see if 4.4 resolved the issue.

Thanks.

UPDATE
I just read on another thread of this same issue. I believe I was on 4.3 firmware when I learned in all my devices and applied the patch firmware 4.4 update thereafter. From reading the other thread, I am going to remove the sensors, rediscover the network, and then relearn the temp sensors back in and see if it resolves. Sound right? Also, do I need to rediscover the network a second time AFTER the temp sensors are added to the network. The OP in the other thread never responded to see if 4.4 resolved the issue

No need to rediscover after learning them, as they are NWI devices and do not respond to rediscoveries.

Delete the temp sensors, run a network rediscovery to ensure routes are good, relearn them on 4.4.0 firmware, and that should be all that is needed. They need to be learned while installed in their permanent spots due to how they pair.

Copy that. Will do in a couple hours and report back in a day or so with results. Thanks.

@jwcsurety Also just wanted to make sure my other comment a few up in this thread doesn’t get lost in the conversation. Thanks.

It did get lost, thanks for following up. The compatibility list is a list of confirmed and tested sensors. It does not mean that anything not on the list will fail, just there is no guarantee as it is not officially supported. Most 319.5 sensors would work though.

You can keep using the RE118s if they are functioning for you.

If you need a stronger signal, yes the PG9985 would be an effective replacement due to two reasons. One, PowerG has about 4-5 times the inherent range as 319.5 sensors, and two, it uses a probe so the transmitter would not be physically installed in the same exact spot as the one currently, potentially avoiding some environmental attenuation.

@jwcsurety Thank you sir. I will see how the RE118’s hold up and order PG9985 if needed. Thanks again for all your help. I really appreciate it.

@jwcsurety

UPDATE- all temp sensors have functioned correctly and remained online after completing the above steps. Thanks again!

Thank you very much for confirming, glad to hear!

1 Like