Qolsys 2 Panel External Siren 16-F

Just installed a new Qolsys 2 Panel with the 16-F. Everything works except the external siren. The siren works if I touch its power wire directly to the aux output, so no issues in wiring to siren or siren itself. I have it wired as depicted in the guide as the first option. Siren + wired to siren OUT. Siren - wired to OUT GND. Jumper installed between OUT AUX and siren IN.

When I test the siren via the panel only the panel siren goes off.

It looks like you are using the wireless sounder option, where the panel can initiate the siren on the Hardwire 16F wirelessly. You would need to have the Hardwire 16F learned into the panel itself in order for this to be possible.

Please be sure the translator is learned in per its instructions, then power cycle the translator and reboot the alarm panel. Any change?

I did learn it into the panel. image

Please be sure to power cycle the translator and reboot the alarm panel per above, then test again. Settings > Advanced Settings > Panel Reboot. Any change?

No changes.

I had extra wires at the panel so I wired it via the alt diagram and it works that way.

Not sure why it wouldn’t work wirelessly.

Hmm, can you confirm the firmware version of your IQ Panel 2+ right now?

Also, what model of siren is being used?

It is a Honeywell 747.

Thank you. We had another user report an issue with wireless activation as well, using a Honeywell that maxed out the full current capacity (500ma). Looks like the model you use peaks at 400ma. I wonder if there is an issue when using it wirelessly that limits the output.

You should be able to use it normally with the wired trigger though. We’ll follow up with Qolsys and let them know there may be a bug or see if we can get clarification on the capacity.

i do highly recommend that you change ur window sensors to a 13 instant because u dont want windows delaying if someone is trying to break in

1 Like

Thanks for catching that. Fixed it.

Ur welcome

Just finished an installation and testing, then saw this thread which is a year old but apparently not investigated or resolved by Qolsys.
Hoping that Surety will test my theory in their lab and submit a bug report to Qolsys.

Qolsys IQPanel2+ QS9201-1208-840 , Firmware v2.6.1
Qolsys 16F QS7133-840 , with hardwired external sounder

If initiate Siren test on iq2+ the panels builtin siren works, but no action from 16F and external siren.
If put iq2+ into Armed mode and trigger a zone, then 16F and external siren works as expected.

Therefore, I suspect the ip2+ fails to notify the 16F when doing a Siren test, which I contend is a firmware error.

If initiate Siren test on iq2+ the panels builtin siren works, but no action from 16F and external siren.

According to Qolsys, this is by design, the Siren Test at the panel is for the panel’s built in piezo and does not trigger a siren connected to the HW16F