Protecting a casement egress window

We recently installed a new egress window in our basement (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Andersen-28-3-8-in-x-48-in-400-Series-White-Clad-Wood-Casement-Window-with-Pine-Interior-Low-E-Glass-Stone-Hardware-Right-CW14-R/100051438) and I was looking for recommendations on how to best protect the window with the IQ Panel 4 (319.5). Should I purchase PG9922 to protect against glass break? Perhaps a different window shock sensor? Both? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Hi.

I have 2 basement egress windows that are protected on my system.

I use a spring tension bar to span the window frame, i.e.: the type you can buy at HD to hang a small curtain. I sunk a wireless sensor in the wood frame, and added a magnet contact to the end of the tension rod that is in contact with the sensor.

Were an intruder to attempt to access the basement, they would have to remove the tension rod that immediately triggers the alarm panel.

Candidly I don’t care for a bar spanning my egress window (which is small as it is) but felt that the approach was more reliable than a glass break sensor. In my state, there have been several tragic incidents where intruders broke into the home via an egress window, so I wanted as high reliability as I could implement.

A combination Shock/Open close sensor like the PG9935 would be a good choice. You could use a glass break audio detector like the PG9922 as an additional layer, but shock sensors are typically more reliable and false alarm resistant.

Thanks! I’m actually not sure if I have space in the window frame for a PG9935. Where are the sensor and magnet meant to go?

How about a curtain motion sensor like a PG9924. If the casements are on the same wall you just need one motion sensor.

A shock sensor would need to be on the moving portion, so if you do not have much room for one an alternative option would be good. Just a small window sensor to cover opening, then as the other post suggested here, a curtain motion detector could help cover brute force intrusion, or you could go with the glass break.