Prospective new client from Frontpoint and ring

Previously had Frontpoint in my old house, ring in my apartment. New home, looking for something like Frontpoint but not as expensive. I personally have never had an issue from ring and Frontpoint, both have been great. Limited sensors on ring though.

Some questions I have that I hope you guys can clear up,

1… can I use some of my Frontpoint sensors with Qoslys iq 4? Door window sensors, motion detector, glass break sensors. I have quite a few unopened.

1. The firefighter wired smoke alarm. Will these work for Co2 detectors as well, if I mount one by a co2 detector?

2. I see one deadbolt listed on the website. Are other big names compatible and be used as well, like Yale, Schlage, kwikset?

3. Can someone else explain the powerG curtain pir motion detector in simple terms? I can’t see what it is / does.

Thank you!

1… can I use some of my Frontpoint sensors with Qoslys iq 4? Door window sensors, motion detector, glass break sensors. I have quite a few unopened.

What is the make/model of those sensors? It depends on the communication frequency if they can be used with the IQ Panel 4

1. The firefighter wired smoke alarm. Will these work for Co2 detectors as well, if I mount one by a co2 detector?

The 319.5Mhz FireFighter SLX-AD-T3 only works with interconnected smoke detectors.

I see one deadbolt listed on the website. Are other big names compatible and be used as well, like Yale, Schlage, kwikset

Many Z-Wave locks can be used. This guide here covers those that have been tested compatible.

Can someone else explain the powerG curtain pir motion detector in simple terms? I can’t see what it is / does.

Its a motion detector on the PowerG frequency. If motion passes through its detection field of view, the alarm will be triggered (depending on arming status).

While most motions have a wider detection pattern, curtain motions have a slim “curtain” detection pattern. A curtain would work better to detect motion through a single door or thin area, whereas a more traditional motion can be set to detect a whole room or larger area.

Welcome to Surety U will get better service through Surety all of ur sensors should work with the IQ 4 since frontpoint uses 319

Hi Sir,

I appreciate the detailed response. I took my frontpoint sensors out that are “New” and as followed,

Motion detector: Qolsys, FCCID: 2aajxqs1200, model: Iqmotion

Door Window sensors only have a barcode that says *0A15F7B which im guessing is frontpoints id number.

Glass break senor is “sentrol” fcc id: B4z799a-sound

Does any of that sound compatible?

These sensors will work with the IQ panel as they r a off brand of 319 they use alula branded equipment and some IQ motions

I use to have a Hub and frontpoint don’t change anything so ur good to go on the sensors

Thanks man. Even the sentrol glass break sensors will work? I’m all new to this, so I really appreciate it

Send me a picture of 1 of each sensor u have from frontpoint

If you send the model numbers of each device we can confirm, usually these are on the back of the sensor.

They have used compatible sensors in the past, but it would be good to verify. I do believe they began using some Alula/Resolution Products 319.5 sensors. The Sentrol/Resolution Products glass breaks are identical I believe, but I’d like to verify that with a model or photo.

The IQ Motion is a 319.5 Mhz senssor made by Qolsys. It would be compatible.

Glass break sensor: sentrol

Old and new motion detectors, I have several of both

Door window sensors have no marking at all on them?

Garage tilt sensor

Water sensor

Co2 detector

Smoke detector

All of these were from Frontpoint: 2013-2017 ish

Yes all them sensors will work how many cos and smokes do u have there is a certain date that u have to replace the smokes and co detectors reason I’m asking if u don’t have many at all of either id recommend going ahead replacing co and smoke or replace in the near future but rest of the sensors will work completely fine

They are old, I would get new ones. Or use the device surety sells since I will have wired ones.

Appreciate your response!

1 Like

Looks like you’ve got it sorted, and I would just echo that Life safety devices may be at or nearing end of life. Other than that you should be good to reuse those 319 sensors

1 Like