Problem with App Arming

Remote arming of Alarm system does not
always work from cell phones or Alarm.com
Web Site.

Do you know what is causing this issue and how it can be resolved?

There are no known issues that are widespread currently. What panel are you using?

Do the commands never go through? Or do they take effect after a long period of time?

I would suggest first to power cycle the system, unplug transformer, then battery. Wait a minute, then plug the system back in battery first.
Then run a cell test through the settings menu corresponding to your panel type. Test a command.

A Qolsys alarm panel

I don’t think its the wireless connection but I can try power cycling it.

There are two things first the alarm times out after 60 seconds.

My Wife says’s she tried to disarm it via here Cell Phone but it did not work
so when she entered the house the alarm triggered. She says it rejected her
security code:

Panel Armed Away 4:01 pm, Nov-19-2014
Panel [Mobile] Command: Arm Away (nXXXn) 4:00 pm, Nov-19-2014
Panel Disarmed 2:54 pm, Nov-19-2014
Panel [Mobile] Command: Disarm ((nXXXn)) 2:54 pm, Nov-19-2014
Kitchen Rear Door Closed 2:53 pm, Nov-19-2014
Kitchen Rear Door Alarm 2:53 pm, Nov-19-2014
Kitchen Rear Door Pending Alarm (Awaiting Panel’s Programmed Delay) 2:53 pm, Nov-19-2014
Panel Armed Away by (nXXXn) 12:09 pm, Nov-19-2014
Panel Disarmed

Is there a way to make the programmed delay longer than 60 seconds thats way too short.

When we try to Arm or Disarm it via cell phones and the website and it does not always work
I see things like this on the History section of Alarm.com

Armed Away 	2:21 pm, Nov-18-2014

Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:13 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:13 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Mobile] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:10 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Mobile] Command: Arm Away (nXXXn)) 2:09 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:08 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:08 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:06 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:06 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) ) 2:04 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (force bypass) (silent) (nXXXn) 2:04 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Mobile] Command: Arm Away (nXXXn) 2:03 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (nXXXn) 2:03 pm, Nov-18-2014
Panel [Web] Command: Arm Away (nXXXn) 2:03 pm, Nov-18-2014

Is there any way to find out what the ( force bypass ) is about and whats causing it?

The entry delay can be set anywhere from 30 to 240 seconds.

It looks like your cellular signal strength is good so I don’t know why it would be failing to arm/disarm remotely. When that problem occurs, does the attempted arm/disarm command appear in your Alarm.com event history at all? It would be good to know if Alarm.com isn’t receiving the command from your phone or if your panel just isn’t receiving the command from Alarm.com.

Either way, you should definitely connect your Qolsys panel to your WIFI connection and enable dual path communication (cellular and WIFI) to Alarm.com. It will be faster and more reliable that way.

I believe the (force bypass) in the event history means there was a sensor open when you issued the remote arm command. The panel is forced to bypass that sensor because it’s a remote arm command and it can’t wait for you to close the sensor like it would if you were arming locally. I’d have to double check this because I’m not yet as familiar with Qolsys as I am 2GIG.

I changed the time delay 180 seconds. And enabled the dual mode. The Alarm.com application
and web site seems to respond much better.

I looked at the cellular signal strength is said 4(21) or 5 (21) its was not linked when I first looked after I ran the cellular test it was linked.

Is there a way to extend the celluar antenna to improve reception?

The issue is likely unrelated to signal strength. A 21 signal strength (represented as 4 or 5 bars) is just fine. We typically recommend that DIYers look for a location which offers at least an 11 signal strength (which is 2 or 3 bars).

What is currently going on is likely a carrier-level issue regarding incoming commands that is affecting your account. Often these are localized to service from a specific cell tower and are usually resolved fairly quick. It has been reported to Alarm.com.

Using the dual band feature allows the incoming signals to be sent via your wifi as well.