Problem in adding sensor to RE524X repeater/translator

Hi,

I have a RE524X running OK with my Qolsys system for about a year. Today I tried to add a new sensor to RE524X but it didn’t seem to work. I first added the sensor to the panel successfully. Then I press the configure button on RE524X, but the yellow LED light (above the configure button) is always off, so I cannot tell if it’s in the configure mode or not. When I trip the sensor, the RE524X’s green led is flashing but the red led remains off. The RE524X manual seems to suggest that both green and red led should flash if the sensor is added successfully. How can I check if the new sensor is added to the RE524X in this case? What could be the reasons that the yellow LED is not on after I press and release the configure button? Thanks a lot for help!

Happy to help!

From the manual for the RE524X:

Configuration mode is locked out 24 hours after power up. To re-enable configuration mode, the translator must be power cycled by removing both 12VDC input power and backup battery for at least 5 seconds.

After power cycling you should be able to use configuration mode. The Yellow LED will turn on when in configure mode.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply! Will RE524X keep all the existing sensors configuration after power cycling? Do I have to re-enroll the existing sensors I added before?

Do I have to re-enroll the existing sensors I added before?

Nope, all prior configuration is saved.