Prevent Qolsys IQ4 supervisory alarms

A heat sensor in my exterior garage went offline after midnight and my panel went into a trouble state. It started beeping at both my remote panel and main panel.

Can this feature be disabled. I’m happy to be notified, but I don’t want the alarm going into this state in the middle of the night.

I found a few settings regarding the number of hours to wait for supervisory alarms, but I don’t think that’s the same thing. My hope is that I get a notification on my panel or phone (via alarm.com) without the system waking anyone up and handle it the next day.

Supervision cannot be disabled on an individual sensor basis on the IQ Panel. The timer you are referencing won’t stop it from happening at any speciific time, but will increase the time it takes for supervision errors to be detected. This will usually reduce the overall number of alerts you see a little bit due to the increased interval if there are some intermittent issues with a sensor.

The issue with the sensor should ideally be addressed though to limit that offline status if it is frequent. Keeping the sensor clear from large sources of metal is a bit difficult in many garages, but just in case it is very close to a garage door track, etc., it would be good to try moving it a bit.

Nighttime mode settings exist on the panel which allow you to disable voice, chimes, and/or display for panel and keypads during your night mode time period selected in the panel settings, however I am not finding documentation specifically referencing life safety device trouble alerts and nighttime mode, those may be exempt from this.

We can try some tests internally to see if this is an option. You can find nighttime mode settings by swiping down the settings menu and selecting Photo Frame > Photo Frame Settings.