PowerG Wireless Outdoor Siren

Recently added a DSC PG9911 Wireless Power G Outdoor Siren to my iq panel 2+. As the panel doesn’t appear to be able to access the full functionality of the sirens settings (there are 7, 8-bit device toggle options for various alarm types). Toggle option 7, for flood events is set to “On” by default.

I want to confirm how the siren will handle water events. As I only want it to sound for Intrusion, Fire, and CO events.

In the settings on the panel for the siren, I have “Sensor Chimes” set to “off” , and under “Sirens and Alarms”, the “Water/Freeze Siren” is disabled.

Is this the correct configuration for the external siren to only sound for intrusion, fire, and CO events?

Thanks

I actually didn’t know there was additional options for the siren we use to have flood sensors but one the devices kept going off for no reason so I disabled them but only time I recall the outdoor siren doing anything is when the alarm goes off for burg,fire and I guess co but never had that go off before so idk good to know once I activate with surety after this week I’ll have to have them check my 2 systems I will say the siren is really loud

Regarding the settings you have chosen, those are correct, the external siren shouldn’t sound when the water sensor is triggered. You can also choose sensor group 25 for water sensors if you don’t want an alarm generated. This would be used for local alerts and would not report an alarm to the Central Station.

As for the 8-bit toggle options, those are not currently editable through the Qolsys panel, so any defaults from the Siren would be used.