PowerG Wireless Door/Window Sensor - sensors have to be touching to be "closed"?

Hello,

Just starting on new system. I got PowerG Wireless Door/Window Sensors for my doors because they seem more secure and stronger. However, I’m noticing that the two contacts of the sensor have to be damn near touching for it to be considered “closed”. Most of my doors are recessed slightly and I need to be able to have a distance of at least 10mm+. Is this a fault of these sensors? Would I have better luck with another brand? Curious for recommendations here.

Thank you

What is the exact model of the PowerG Door sensor you are using? For example, the PG9303 has a half inch magnetic gap, which means when closed the magnet must be no farther than that.

It also matters how the magnet and sensor are aligned. So that we can best assist, please also post a photo of the magnet and sensor where they are installed or how you are testing them. If the magnet is not aligned to the reed switch inside the sensor the gap will be much smaller.

In cases where the door is recessed too much a recessed sensor would be recommended.

I am using that sensor. Same one here https://suretyhome.com/product/powerg-wireless-door-window-sensor/

I have been testing it by just adding it to the system and then trying to align them on the doorframe, using the LED lights on the sensor. I will try to take a pic shortly, but they are both being placed vertically, side by side, with the tops of each sensor aligned. Is there documentation on proper alignment?

Diagram from the manual below. It also depends on the material the sensor and magnet are applied to.

Video is here: https://filebin.net/5ey45hqo3pxq4tao/PXL_20230515_170814292.mp4

You can see it seems to not trigger “open” until 1/2 inch apart, but for it to trigger “closed”, it doesn’t happen until it’s much much closer together

Unless the video is mirrored, that magnet is on the wrong side of the sensor. Be sure to line the middle of the magnet up with the small ridge on the side of the sensor. That is where the reed switch is.

Ah yup that would do it. Did not see that. Working better now. Thanks!