PowerG 9903 Sensor - Long Chime/Entry delay

I have recently bought and installed a Qolsys 4 system and added my first entry sensor - a PowerG 9903 door/window. I believe I have installed it properly w/r/t orientation (notches line up, magnet on door, sensor on frame, less than 0.5" apart) and it was added successfully to the panel. The signal strength is strong.

However, there is a very long (4-5 second) delay between opening the door and the opening registering on the panel. The sensor faults (red blink) upon opening, but the signal at the panel occurs substantially later in conjunction with three green flashes, which I believe confirms what the panel says - good signal strength.

How should I troubleshoot this?

Take the sensor off the door and test it in open air. Do you see the same delay when the sensor and magnet are not installed in that position and are being held?

It sounds like you probably have it, but we can take a look at orientation if you would like to post a photo.

It seems slightly better in open air but still a lag.

I can send you a link of a short video of the phenomenon via private message. How do I do that?

You can send us a private message here, and link a video, or you can attach a short one to an email to support@suretyhome.com

Can you post a photo of that sensor orientation?

I would recommend deleting, removing the batteries for 60 seconds, and then relearning that sensor into the panel first. Then test again.