Power Restoral Alert

System did not issue a Power Restoral alert. We got this alert previously when we were with Alarm.com.

It would appear that Power Loss Reporting on your panel is currently disabled. Alarm.com will still see a loss of power in the case of Simon XTi panels but we are told with the power loss reporting set to OFF, no restorals will be sent by the panel. So there would not be an Alarm.com notification generated.

Programming-> Installer Code -> Reporting -> Reporting Options -> AC Power Failure Report. Use the up arrow to select the number of minutes it takes to generate a power loss report, when enabled this will also generate a restoral when power is re-applied.

Thanks for the fast reply. I was under the impression that a report was sent when the power was restored. Is this not true?

The path above will allow you to enable AC Power Failure Report. It should generate a restoral once power is re-applied so long as this setting is enabled.

This must be enabled because we got the AC Power Failure Report (and the Low Battery Report) but we did not get the Power Restoral report.
Sorry, my first post wasn’t clear on this.

Your panel is indicating this field is disabled. (Has been since April at least, as that was the prior status date and when requesting the panel’s current programming it shows the same.)

From above: “Alarm.com will still see a loss of power in the case of Simon XTi panels but we are told with the power loss reporting set to OFF, no restorals will be sent by the panel. So there would not be an Alarm.com notification generated.”

Alarm.com states that the loss of power is still detected and reported. The restoral is not if the above is not enabled.

Can you try enabling that in your panel? You can set the value to 5 or 10 (in minutes) and unplug the system, let it run on battery until you get the power loss notification, then wait a couple minutes and plug it back in. Do you see a restoral?

Unless there is a way to do that remotely, I won’t be able to enable that until November. Please tell how if that is possible as I found nothing in the manual.
Thanks for your help.

I was going through the suretyCAM emails and noted that on May 24 we had both a power failure alert and a power restoral alert at at 4:18pm and 11:05pm respectively. The same on Apr 26 at 1:47pm and 2:14pm.
So as I said previously that field must be enabled.

Interesting, and strange, because the panel is reporting a value of 255 (which indicates “Disabled”)

In order to effectively test you would need a way of testing locally. Would you be able to have anyone assist with unplugging system and forcing a power loss event?

I’d like to see how it reacts now. If we see both a loss and restoral, it may have been a communication hiccup rather than a programming concern.

It might have been a comm hiccup but it could be that the power was out long enough the last time that the battery went dead and the info was lost.
I won’t be able to test it for a few months. This is a winter home. In the meantime we are aware that we will no longer get a power restoral. I sure hope the power failure still comes through though.

If you are unable to test entirely, then I’d be happy to send a command to ensure the panel power reports are enabled. I’m not convinced we’ve found the issue but without testing it’ll be mostly guesswork. We’ll see if we can replicate the circumstance today on a different Simon Panel.

In the meantime, would you like me to set the value for that power loss detection? The number indicates minutes of power loss prior to notification. Somewhere between 5 and 254. 10 is pretty common.

That would be great if you could do that. 10 would be fine.
Thanks!

Certainly. Command sent. I’m seeing a value of 10 for that setting now.

Let us know if you notice similar issues in the future.

Thank you so much for your help.