Power Outage threw thermostats out of whack

Hi folks,

So, we had a power outage today. The power came back on before I got home, but when I got home, it looks like the thermostats are no longer working. This appears to only be an issue with the downstairs thermostat. Upstairs appears to still be active. But downstairs is showing a warning that reads “no wires detected” and then flashes to a warning that says “Hardware Failure E1 - Contact Dealer”

The app isn’t showing anything that would indicate a problem. Any ideas what this is or how to fix it?

Is the HVAC connected to the downstairs Tstat powered? Do you have a voltmeter to test the power at the thermostat? Is your thermostat connected to a C wire?

The thermostat has automatic wire detection, currently it sounds like the thermostat relays cannot detect any connection. This may indicate a problem at the HVAC or damage to the thermostat.

Was this the result of a storm/power surge?

I’m not entirely sure what the caused the power outage. It wasn’t a storm, and the whole street experienced it. Power was only out for a few minutes though. Less than half an hour.

As for all your other questions, I’m just not sure. I think it is connected a C wire. As for the rest of the questions, I will likely have to have someone come out and take a look. I don’t have a voltmeter, and no idea how to even check if the downstairs HVAC is powered without the thermostat, which I use to control it, is not working.

Have you power cycled the TSTAT?

• Turn Off TSTAT locally.
  • Remove TSTAT form back plate
  • Remove the Batteries
    • Wait about 1 minute, press face buttons to deplete any remaining charge.
  • Re-insert the batteries
  • Put the TSTAT back on on the back plate

After power cycling, turn on the TSTAT and test by running heat. Any Change? Does the error persist?

I just got home from work and it appears to be working now. If it malfunctions again, I’ll power cycle it and see where that gets us.

Thanks for all y’all’s help.