Power G Switches and Plugs

Do the Power G Switches and Plugs replace my zwave switches and plugs? Will I be able to integrate them into schedules, automation, scenes just like zwave?

They can, yes.

Is there any reason why I should NOT replace my zwave switches and plugs with Power G versions?

They all work with ADC schedules, rules, and automation.

Trying to determine any downsides

So far the one feature I need on switches that doesn’t seem to be supported with the current switches is that they cannot be wired 3-way.

1 Like

There are a couple things to keep in mind when considering switching from Z-wave to PowerG.

First, Z-wave creates a mesh network and upon network rediscovery, the PowerG items will leave gaps in places the Z-wave nodes were previously located.

Secondly, if you’re dealing with an item such as a Dimmer Switch, it’s important to note that Alarm.com does not support dimming on the PowerG dimmer.

1 Like

I would add that PowerG automation devices are going to offer increased range over that of typical Z-Wave devices. They may be a good option for areas that are harder to reach without the need for a repeater.

One potential drawback is limited compatibility. Not many panels support PowerG, should you move to a different platform, the PowerG devices would likely not work.

1 Like