Power g Sensors going offline

I’ve had various sensors going offline over the past month, including one that has gone offline multiple times. They seem to be coming back online within an hour or less. However, one that went offline at 326 yesterday morning did not come back on line until I tampered it.

What’s the cause of these failures?

Offline refers to sensor supervision, the heartbeat signal from the sensor telling the panel that the sensor is connected and working.

Offline errors generally occur from one or more of the following:

1. Range.
  2. Attenuation from intervening objects/walls.
  3. Environmental interference.
  4. Lower battery levels.

It is normal for an offline status to resolve itself and recur. It indicates that the sensor has an intermittent or borderline issue with signal strength to the panel.

If you have lots of sensors frequently going offline, consider the panel placement as well, as it may be in a location ill-suited to the RF signals.

PowerG generally shouldn’t see much of an issue given its natural range, but it does have adaptive battery power, so if you are pairing the sensors close to the panel and leaving them there for a while, then moving them to their intended location later, you may see temporary issues with signaling.

PowerG is also not immune to attenuation. A lot of metal or masonry materials near the sensor or panel can limit range.

If you have a lot of issues or a very large property, a PowerG repeater can help resolve borderline signal problems.

The zone that has been going offline repeatedly over the past month is a hardwired zone going through a power g translator. My previous 2gig panel with two sequential
translators never had any issues. I have placed the IQ panel at a different location, but it’s actually closer to the translator than the 2gig was. Any thoughts? Could there be an issue with this zone in the translator?

If this is on a hardwire translator and only one zone, this is an issue with that wired zone, not the translator RF.

Is there a EOL resistor on that circuit? What is the resistance on that circuit? What kind of sensor is it?