Power g outdoor curtain PIR

Is this sensor prone to false alarms caused by moving shadows of trees and bushes blowing in the wind? This is an issue I’ve had with the motion sensors on my security cameras.

Is the pet immunity function effective against birds, squirrels, raccoons, etc?

How would you compare the effectiveness, reliability, and proneness to false alarms of this sensor compared to the power g indoor curtain PIR and the power G shock sensors? I’m looking for the best solution for armed stay perimeter security.

Are you referring to the PG9902? I have not used one myself, and if your concern is perimeter security and to limit false alarms, I would always use indoor sensors, not an exterior curtain motion detector. Shock/glass break sensors would be my recommendation in most cases. The indoor curtain detector is another option as it would be in a controlled environment and has a very narrow field of view.

Outdoor sensors should be used in a specialized fashion, not as a general perimeter. Typically you will set outdoor sensors as non-alarm sensors, just using them for notifications.

Got it thanks. Yes I was referring to the 9902.

Would both a shock sensor and an indoor curtain PIR normally be enrolled in the IQ2+ as a group 13 instant perimeter D/W?

For the purposes I’ve described, would the only reason to consider a curtain PIR be the cost savings for a wall with multiple doors and windows?

For the purposes I’ve described, would the only reason to consider a curtain PIR be the cost savings for a wall with multiple doors and windows?

For your purposes, yeah that would be the main consideration.

I would usually recommend against using a motion detector as a perimeter zone. It should be an interior follower to avoid false alarms during stay mode and the entry exit countdown.

If you are looking for a perimeter sensor, I would usually recommend a glass break for a group of windows over a motion detector.

Ok. As for the shock sensor like the PG9935 do you recommend enrolling those as perimeter sensors?

Yes, an on-window shock sensor should be a perimeter zone type.