Power G Motion Question - Range Question PG9984

Very confused reading this manual. I don’t want to drill multiple holes in the wall.

Please see picture “screw placement” (second picture)

It shows various range lengths based on where you place the screws? How could this be when the back is perfectly flat and screw placement wont change that. For example, if I mount at 7 feet, how would I get 45 ft range vs 60 feet based on the illustration and based on the fact that you can not adjust the range aside from mounting higher or lower?

I have since learned the back is not level. depending on where you place the screws (X or Y location) it is about a 3 degree angle. That small 3 degree angle can change the range from 30 feet to 60 feet. Still not sure why there are two range values for the same screw placement (X or Y locations)

Second Question - ON the first picture, What is the range? The end of the microwave (light colored) or end of the IR (dark color)? What is the range that will get everything? How do I determine that at different heights aside from 6.9"
range
Screw placement

edited this post to add some additional discovery I have made due to research.

It’s not the clearest diagram in the world. We’ve had questions on it before.

The holes the manual recommend are where you should mount it, at the desired height, to get the desired range.

Based on prior conversation with the manufacturer, at 7 feet to get a range of 60 feet for the PIR you need to use X. To get a range of 45 feet you need to use X. That doesn’t mean X can either be 60 or 45 exactly, it means it goes up to 60 feet.

Y maxes out at roughly 30 feet at that height.

The higher you mount and the flatter you mount, the farther the range, which is what that chart is showing.

The Microwave is separate, and the range is roughly 50 feet. The overall range stat for the detector in the data sheet is 50 feet.

Microwave range I believe is that third rounded dotted line in the image you added, if you are looking for its visual representation.

Thank you for being one of the only people,that can explain those instructions