Power G External Sensor

I purchased this item from you.

First Question is easy. When adding this, it states “Reed Sensor” as one of the selections. Is this the correct setting?

Second Question is how to mount this. This is mounded on a gate and the last external sensor got damaged because the post it was mounted on is narrow and the sensor went beyond the width of the post. So the gate (made of steel slammed hard and it goes a little beyond the post and it hit the sensor and cracked the back plate.

I don’t want this to happen again and the sensor you send me is just as wide if not more. I can not think of a place to mount it unless I mount it on the gate, meaning that the senor would move and the magnet would be stationary. Will this work? The Power GH signal should be strong enough?

I tried “mock mounting” it on the right side of the gate (hinge side) , but the delay was too long and it would register if the door was not opened enough

The sensor being on the moving portion of the door and magnet on the stationary post is fine if that is how it needs to be mounted due to dimensions.

The Reed Sensor you are referencing is the internal reed switch. If you are just using that and are not wiring a wired sensor into it, yeah you would just use that Reed switch option.

That sensor cannot be mounted on the hinge side, it will not reliably open.