Possible to take over an existing alarm.com account?

Is it possible to take over an existing alarm.com account which is presently serviced by a different alarm company?

Transfer options are available in Alarm.com for dealers but whether or not it is an option is going to be dependent on the policies of the current service provider. To help determine whether this may be an option or for more information, please email customerservice@suretydiy.com

Cancellation and re-activation of the module is typically a much faster process.

The present Alarm.com provider account is under Vivint. The advantage of keeping the old account is that old devices such as CT100 t-stats would still work.

Does Vivint honor a transfer?

The present Alarm.com provider account is under Vivint. The advantage of keeping the old account is that old devices such as CT100 t-stats would still work.

In general we cannot speak for any other provider, you would need to contact the provider in order to verify any policies or options.

In that specific case though I can safely guess no. Historically the modules in use on their accounts cannot be used with any other Alarm.com dealer even if they are unregistered, so transfer would never be possible (and judging by other policies I doubt it would ever be considered).

The CT100 concern is new, you can see an announcement post regarding the support change here. Unfortunately the CT100 is one of a few older models which are discontinued by the manufacturer, will see no new firmware support, and which do not support future HVAC safety features being implemented. Alarm.com has chosen to end support for them on accounts going forward.

I do not necessarily agree with the support change given the fact that the CT100 is fairly common in older installations, and we have made requests to possibly change this going forward, but at this time they cannot be used on newly created accounts.