Poor Reception with IQ Panel 2+ on Verizon

I currently have the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ with Verizon LTE. Unfortunately, I seem to have poor reception in my new house from Verizon. This is the case on my own cell phones as well, so it’s not technically an issue with the panel. Would there be a way to improve the signal, such as a larger antenna?

Alternatively, is it possible to swap out for an AT&T LTE modem? I’ve seen other panels with a removable modem, but I get the imprsssion this panel is stuck with Verizon.

Would there be a way to improve the signal, such as a larger antenna?

Placement and orientation of the panel is the biggest way to improve signal. There are no external antennae that I am aware of, though I am reaching out to Qolsys to verify.

Is your panel mounted to the wall or desktop mount? Is it near metal?

Looking at the signal, it is showing 2 bars currently, which is not great but usually sufficient for signaling. Have you been moving the panel?

Alternatively, is it possible to swap out for an AT&T LTE modem? I’ve seen other panels with a removable modem, but I get the imprsssion this panel is stuck with Verizon.

You are correct, the Qolsys panel does not have a modular cell card. AT&T models exist, but in order to switch the carrier of the cell card you would need to swap the whole panel.

Currently it’s on the desktop mount, not near any metal, but I will be wall mounting it soon. Holding it against one of the walls on the opposite end of the house gave me 3 bars, so that may be an option. Would 2 bars be bad?

2 bars would be the minimum to shoot for for communication with that panel.