Please clarify my dispatch sequence

When a false alarm is triggered and someone disarms it as it was a false alarm, does dispatch not do anything at that point?

For others, is this safe? If I was an intruder and I tripped the alarm and people were home, first thing I would do is tell them to disarm the alarm. This would stop police from coming?

In my particular case, I wanted to confirm that I have selected dispatch first, then contact and if its a false alarm, dispatch will cancel police coming to my house, correct?

It doesn’t matter in my case if I disarm an alarm or not? Or if dispatch called and I gave a false password, they would say “thanks” but still dispatch police?

When a false alarm is triggered and someone disarms it as it was a false alarm, does dispatch not do anything at that point?

For accounts with 24/7 professional monitoring, by default, if an Abort signal (disarm) is received following a burglary alarm event, which indicates one of your authorized users has disarmed the system, it will be accepted as confirmation and the alarm signal will be disregarded. Operators will not reach out.

However, If you do not disarm the system in a timely manner, a verbal confirmation password from a valid contact will still be required to disregard the alarm event.

The primary purpose of this change is to operate in line with modern standards of false alarm prevention. This change helps to avoid the stress and potentially costly results of alarm events where authorized users disarm the system successfully but dispatch still occurs due to a lack of phone response or forgotten password.

Overall If you would like to still receive calls even if you disarm changes can be made to your specific account. Just let us know at support@suretyhome.com or via private message.

If I was an intruder and I tripped the alarm and people were home, first thing I would do is tell them to disarm the alarm. This would stop police from coming?

This is where Duress Codes can come into play. Duress codes disarm the system but send a signal to the monitoring station that is treated like a panic.

Not to be confused with Verbal Duress Codes for the 24/7 monitoring account. This is a verbal code given to monitoring operators during an alarm event that will end the call as though the event was false, but dispatch will still be contacted.

In my particular case, I wanted to confirm that I have selected dispatch first, then contact and if its a false alarm, dispatch will cancel police coming to my house, correct?

Default Monitoring procedures can be found here.

Records indicate that you have made changes to the default procedure call order for Burg and Fire alarms. Once signal is received to the monitoring station:

1. Operators contact Dispatch
  2. Operators Contact via 2Way, Call Premise Number
  3. Operators Reach out to contacts

If operators get ahold of you via 2Way, Premise or Contact in step 2/3, and you verify that the event is false, they will reach out to dispatch to disregard.

It doesn’t matter in my case if I disarm an alarm or not? Or if dispatch called and I gave a false password, they would say “thanks” but still dispatch police?

If a disarm signal is received shortly after the alarm, operators should disregard the event and not dispatch/contact you. However, if operators do call you, and you give them the wrong verbal passcode (or no passcode) they will dispatch.

Keep in mind you cant see the requested call order change in System Manager, as it is custom. You can make adjustments to contacts, Passwrods, premise number and add/remove 2Way Voice via the System Manager feature of your Surety account.

Having two methods of contact to the premise (both 2Way and a landline number) may be unnecessary and could add time overall.