Physically lost all of my window sensors

I apologize for the ridiculous question, but here it goes.

I recently had my windows replaced and forgot to take down all of my window sensors and blinds/drapes/etc ahead of time.

So I was in a mad dash to take them all down (Honeywell 5811’s) and now I can’t find where I put them. I deleted them from the control panel because the bag of powered up sensors all jumbled together was causing all kinds of noise. Before I go and buy some more, I wondered if I could at least discover if they were still nearby.

I put my 2GIG GC3 in programming mode and set it to learn serial number for the pretend window contact I was adding, and over course of a few minutes it learned six different serial numbers. Is this a good indication they are still somewhere nearby?

I put my 2GIG GC3 in programming mode and set it to learn serial number for the pretend window contact I was adding, and over course of a few minutes it learned six different serial numbers. Is this a good indication they are still somewhere nearby?

Possibly, but they would need to be actively transmitting for signals to be hitting the panel receiver.

This means they are either being tampered repeatedly while at rest (not really possible) or they are transmitting open/close signals while at rest. This might be possible if they are all lumped together in a bag or small box of sensors and magnets. Slight jostling of the container could trip multiple sensors.

Ultimately though, without knowing anything else about the location, it’s more likely that a neighbor has a 345 Mhz system with sensor signals strong enough to sometimes reach your panel.

I apologize for the ridiculous question, but here it goes.

None necessary, it’s a good question that might help others while programming.

I found the bag of sensors in the trunk of my car :slight_smile: The serials I wrote down when in learning mode matched the window sensors. All of the sensors had their covers off, so maybe that’s why they continually sent the tamper signal that got picked up in learning mode?

Thanks again!

1 Like