PG9984P Mount

Typing this from my phone so won’t be able to cut from the manual, but am having trouble understanding the mounting chart in the manual, which shows different screw placements for x and y. I think the main thing that’s getting me is I only received two screws so the chart is confusing because of this, since there are four possible ‘Y’ screw hole placements. Anyone that has mounted this before and have any tips?

No need for the manual image, I know what you are referencing. It’s a very questionable diagram.

Anyway, it is showing either a flat wall mount or corner mount, and choosing whether to use the top or bottom mounting holes based on height of detector placement. It is instructing how to mount the detector to properly use the break away tamper cutout and which holes to use based on the desired range.

Use the bottom holes to shorten the range or when the detector is mounted at the high end of its recommended height, or use the top holes when mounted lower, to increase range.

I never got a solid answer on why only the two screws from DSC when the manual pretty clearly suggests using 3 (flat) or 4 (corner). I am guessing it is to save $0.005 per box and they assume that an installer will supply additional screws if needed since the back break-away tamper is only required in commercial UL installations. (the middle screw holes)